George as a CPG and more options

Shiroka

Would be great to have the ability to use the George AI commands without having the interface open. With the voice feedback it’s easy to memorize only 4 buttons and would increase immersion.

Addon to this, if would be awesome to have individual keybinds for all of the George commands (eg “WAS rockets”, and “search here” rather than “left short”) as an option, that way they can be assigned to random unused keyboard combinations and used with voice attack.

I use Vaicom for Jester and it’s great, but I know Petrovich hasn’t been supported so this would be a great alternative that would work well with the AI system ED designed (which is functionally more simplistic than Jester as it doesn’t have these large rotary menus).

• Like 2

Dear ED team and friends,

I have been having a great time flying with George as my CPG and Pilot, but there are some items that I would like to comment on in the CPG part as a singeplayer user. Of course, I know this is EA so maybe they are already planned 🙂 but there are two things that I would like to hear from other players or, if I am lucky, the development team.

So far I am enjoying this module and in my opinion, the wait was been worth it.  This is also why I am really excited to hear about this:

The reason I write this is to explain a little bit one of my Wishes which sums up to Make George Slave his sensor to the player's selected ACQ. (This thread: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/295639-slave-george-to-selected-pilot-acq-waypoint-control-measure/)

One: RIght now, the only way to make George use his sensors (and start looking for targets) is us looking at the place. This has worked really great with Petrovich, but the Apache is a different beast. This is why I proposed having a key (Maybe in the George Hat menu) to make him slave his sensors to somewhere.

I think this could be done really simple by making him look in the selected pilot ACQ. As the helicopter system is shared, we could create points, target points (which I would write about later) or even the PLT point added by de pilot. To sum up, almost everything without the need to be us looking at it. It is also realistic as we are saying him: George, look at XX point and only one command needed.

By this way, we could use the whole helicopter system and have more enjoying singeplayer experience.

Two: There is also another thing that could be fullfiling and useful for a singeplayer / no human CPG flier. And it's the ability to command George to Lase a target if he spots it (adding another key in the same category as "Consent Fire" and another one to store them as Targets "Store Target" (Right now he says that but, probably is planned for the future).

We can later, if needed, delete those points or edit them by ourselves in our TSD, so no more keys needed.

If we are able to lase targets, we could also be able to buddy lase in a one human helicopter. Adding this to the other option to slave him to ACQ sources selected by the pilot, we could do tons of things that would be really great. For example, recce of a valley, store some targets and  then, selecting them from behind the cover. Even, if we see something strange in one hill, duck for cover, use the PLT point and make George look at it when we pop-up again and save our virtual helos!

The reason I write this here and not in Wishlist again is because I would love to hear about the dev team and of course, if other people are having the same "issues" I am. It is really early in the development but I am having a great time.

Thanks team

Kind regards and thank you all for your time,

Edited by LF_Luftmanu
  • Like 3

This is absolutely a MUST for the Pilot-CPG interaction. Hopefully it will be in the to-do list for ED’s next changes. But if not, I expect they write it down in their list. 

Great module, by the way!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Regarding the first request, you can essentially do this already by simply placing your HMD LOS reticle over the ACQ LOS reticle (broken crosshair) and commanding George to scan there.

Whatever your ACQ source is in the backseat, your going to get the ACQ source reticle showing you where it is. If I have W01 set as my ACQ source, Im going to get the broken crosshair showing that location. I just need to look at that location and then tell George to scan there.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head