[Noob] How to select another waypoint on the TSD?

Go to solution Solved by kgillers3,

Let's say, I am at Waypoint 1 but somehow I decide to go back to base at Waypoint 3? How can this be done?  Thanks in advance. I tried the "Point" function, use the cursor to select Waypoint 3, but it does not work.

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• Solution
1 minute ago, VFGiPJP said:

Let's say, I am at Waypoint 1 but somehow I decide to go back to base at Waypoint 3? How can this be done?  Thanks in advance. I tried the "Point" function, use the cursor to select Waypoint 3, but it does not work.

TSD > RTE > DIR > Either caq W03 or click "Point:?"  and type W03 on the ku.  Safe flight

• Thanks 2

The basic function for selecting a point to fly to is to select the RTE (Route) button, then DIR (Direct To). From there, you can select where you want to go direct to in a few ways. If it's a waypoint already in the route, you can just select it from the route list on the right side of the screen that appeared when you selected RTE. You can also Cursor Acquire any point, not just a waypoint, on the TSD by placing the Cursor over it, when the X in the middle of the cursor goes away it is over a point that can be selected with Cursor Enter. You can also select Point and type the identifier for any point in the system using the KU. This would be W## for any waypoint, T## for a target point, and so forth.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kgillers3 said:

TSD > RTE > DIR > Either caq W03 or click "Point:?"  and type W03 on the ku.  Safe flight

It took me Several Hours to figure that out even after watching the videos!!!! lololololololololol

And Its easier using the Display Cursor to CAQ a Point and make a route to it! Like using a mouse!

• Like 1