Hold Laser?

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by SmeagleGoneWild,

Working on hellfire firing. Am I correct in that you have to hold the laser button the entire time the missile is in flight? Is there a way to just press a button and have the laser fire, or have the laser fire automatically after firing missile? 

Having to hold the whole time isn't working well for me, I'm hoping there's a work-around. Thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Maybe through HOTAS programming you might be able to setup a profile to toggle the button press. I think you have to hold it though, there's no keybind and there's no auto lasing that I know of. I don't mess much with the CP/G seat and I'm still trying to learn this thing so I could be wrong.

• Solution

Yeah im almost positive you have to hold it the entire time. However, what i may suggest is a LOAL (Lock-on After Launch) where you launch the hellfire and then lase about 10 seconds (itll tell you when to fire the laser) and thatll guide the hellfire down onto target. The ACQ source needs to be a target point so that the missile knows where to go essentially versus in direct, you just fire it at what youre looking at. Watch wags video or casmos and they have a better visual representation of it.

Ryzen 7 5800x w/ PBO on, RTX 3070ti w/ OC, 32 GB RAM @3000 | Quest 2, Virpil Joystick, Throttle, and Rudder

Bind it to the Caps Lock, You'll have even indicator showing that the laser is burning... 😉

• Like 2

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

18 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

Bind it to the Caps Lock, You'll have even indicator showing that the laser is burning... 😉

does that actually work

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

5 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

does that actually work

I don't know, I am flying on pilot's position. I'll ask my CP/G to test it though, as I am curious too.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

As the AGM-114 is able to fire in LOAL mode, there is no need to fire the laser the entire flight time of the missile.

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset