Kneeboards for AH-64D for guided/unguided weapon employment

609_Relentov

I put together some simple procedural kneeboards for the AH-64D, placed in the User Files section.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321164/

As stated these are not official procedures, just what I've put together as a quick reminder on how to employ various weapons on the AH-64D.  Kneeboards included:

AH-64D - AGM114 HELLFIRE GEORGE-1.png
AH-64D - AGM114 HELLFIRE GEORGE-2.png
AH-64D - AGM114L HELLFIRE PILOT WITH FCR-1.png
AH-64D - AGM114L HELLFIRE PILOT WITH FCR-2.png
AH-64D - GEORGE HELPER INTERFACE - PLAYER AS PILOT.png
AH-64D - GEORGE QUICK REFERENCE.png (with permission from Raptor9)
AH-64D - M230 30MM AWS.png
AH-64D - UNGUIDED ROCKETS.png
AH-64D CPG - AGM114 HELLFIRE-1.png
AH-64D CPG - AGM114 HELLFIRE-2.png
AH-64D CPG - AGM114L HELLFIRE WITH FCR-1.png
AH-64D CPG - AGM114L HELLFIRE WITH FCR-2.png
AH-64D CPG - AGM114L HELLFIRE WITH FCR-3.png
AH-64D CPG - GEORGE HELPER INTERFACE - PLAYER AS CPG-1.png
AH-64D CPG - GEORGE HELPER INTERFACE - PLAYER AS CPG-2.png
AH-64D CPG - GEORGE HELPER INTERFACE - PLAYER AS CPG-3.png
AH-64D CPG - M230 30MM AWS-1.png
AH-64D CPG - M230 30MM AWS-2.png

Enjoy!
AKA_Relent (609_Relentov)

Screen_220320_171043.png

Edited by 609_Relentov
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I tried putting kneeboards in the DCS... kneeboards AH-64 folder but they don't show up in game.

I found the answer in another thread. the folder has to be as above AH-64D_BLK_II

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

3 hours ago, tusler said:

I tried putting kneeboards in the DCS... kneeboards AH-64 folder but they don't show up in game.

I found the answer in another thread. the folder has to be as above AH-64D_BLK_II

Glad you got it to work.  FYI, in the Downloads->User Files entry for my kneeboards (link above), I mention the following:

The AH-64D kneeboards need to be placed in the AH-64D Kneeboard folder, for example:

C:\Users\<your name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\AH-64D_BLK_II

Also, in the Zip file containing the kneeboards, there is a readme with the same example/path.

In any case, sorry if there was any confusion.

Thanks the kneeboards are awesome! now when they get the trim fixed so I can hover like george does, I'll be able to read them with my head down in the cockpit while I am setting stuff up LoL 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

After some time flying the CP/G seat, I've added some kneeboards for using the Hellfires and 30mm chain gun from that position, and additional George AI related kneeboards.  These include:

AH-64D CPG - AGM114 LZ HELLFIRE.png
AH-64D CPG - GEORGE HELPER INTERFACE - PLAYER AS CPG-1.png
AH-64D CPG - GEORGE HELPER INTERFACE - PLAYER AS CPG-2.png
AH-64D CPG - GEORGE HELPER INTERFACE - PLAYER AS CPG-3.png

• 1 year later...

With the introduction of the AGM114L radar guided Hellfire, and the addition of the image auto-track feature for tracking moving targets, I needed to review a few kneeboards.  Due to some added and (hopefully) clearer updated procedural steps, I made the following updates:

1) Replaced the following kneeboard:

AH-64D - AGM114 HELLFIRE GEORGE.png

With the following two kneeboards:

AH-64D - AGM114 HELLFIRE GEORGE-1.png
AH-64D - AGM114 HELLFIRE GEORGE-2.png

Please delete the first kneeboard listed above, if previously installed, and replace with the two new ones above.

2) Replaced the following kneeboard:

AH-64D CPG - AGM114 LZ HELLFIRE.png

With the following two kneeboards:

AH-64D CPG - AGM114 HELLFIRE-2.png

Please delete the first kneeboard listed above, if previously installed, and replace with the two new ones above.

3) Updated the following kneeboards:

Edited by 609_Relentov
  • Like 2

Thanks very much for the kneeboards and sharing them!👍

Edited by corbu1
  • Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 5 months later...

With the addition of the FCR (GTM mode), I've added a two-page kneeboard for employing the AGM114L radar guided Hellfire using the FCR from the pilot seat:

AH-64D - AGM114L HELLFIRE PILOT WITH FCR-2.png

NOTE: As more FCR modes become available, including LINK mode (that will slave the TADS to the FCR NTS), I will probably make additional updates to this kneeboard.  Also, I plan to add a kneeboard(s) for employing the AGM114L radar guided Hellfire using the FCR from the co-pilot (CP/G) seat, but it may take a bit longer; thus, I wanted to provide this kneeboard sooner rather than later.

Edited by 609_Relentov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Too much text. As a reference you might as well just read the manual beforehand, which is about the same length, just with more pictures. It's also missing rocket and gun engagement procedures using FCR as sight.

Generally the whole process is broken into finding targets, acquiring targets and shooting targets, all of which can be done using different sensors and sights and weapons, but you can mix and match as required or desired. That you need to fly the aircraft into a position where you can do all of those should be obvious and doesn't need mentioning.

Thanks for the comments FalcoGer, feedback is always appreciated.  A few follow up points:

- I'm assuming you are referring mainly to the two-page kneeboard I just made available this past Sunday, as you mention the FCR.  Rocket and gun engagement procedures using FCR are not within the scope of this particular kneeboard, as noted in the name (i.e. just Hellfire)

- As for having too much text, well, I guess that is a matter of taste :).  As noted in the original post, "these are not official procedures, just what I've put together as a quick reminder on how to employ various weapons on the AH-64D".   When I created these types of kneeboards for most of the modules I own, they were originally for my own personal use.  I only made them available first to my squad, then to the DCS community as I thought they might be helpful to some who are new to this/these modules (or haven't flown them for a while) and can use some basic procedures to get them going.  I am detail oriented, so I like having procedures laid out that I can follow, especially if it's been a while since I've flown a module and have forgotten most of the procedures - thus the details, some of which you find obvious.

Lastly, one more point is that when I create these kneeboards, I have added actual device mappings, so I can quickly see what joystick/throttle/button box buttons/hats/axis/etc to use for given procedures.  This is the primary reason the kneeboards seem "wordy".  Then, I strip out the mappings and share those versions of the kneeboards to my squad/DCS community, as they (mappings) would only be applicable to me.  Below is an example of the AH-64D - AGM114L HELLFIRE PILOT WITH FCR-1.png released Sunday, first my version with the key mappings, then the public version without, so you can see what I mean.

I will keep it in mind to try and reduce text if possible, but again, I create these first for myself, as my memory isn't what it used to be.  So, if there are what seem like extra/obvious details, it's because nothing is obvious for me anymore w/respect to what device and key/hat/axis/etc. I need to use for a particular action!

Edited by 609_Relentov
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 609_Relentov said:

I will keep it in mind to try and reduce text if possible, but again, I create these first for myself, as my memory isn't what it used to be.

There's lots of others in the same boat and kneeboards are always optional, plus the more the merrier. Yours might not be for everyone, but they're helpful for others. Keep it up! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing your work and stuff with the community! 

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

I've added a three-page kneeboard for employing the AGM114L radar guided Hellfire using the FCR from the CP/G seat:

AH-64D CPG - AGM114L HELLFIRE WITH FCR-1.png
AH-64D CPG - AGM114L HELLFIRE WITH FCR-2.png
AH-64D CPG - AGM114L HELLFIRE WITH FCR-3.png

NOTE: Similar to the recent kneeboard above, as more FCR modes become available, including LINK mode (that will slave the TADS to the FCR NTS), I will probably make additional updates to this kneeboard.

I've also made a very minor update to the following kneeboard, correcting part of the description of the IHADSS overlay display:

Edited by 609_Relentov