Game Crashes and cannot connect to multiplayer Servers, Loading takes forever

Catfish_46

• ED Team

Hi, 

please include your dcs log or the crash zip folder created when you crash, it will have clues for us

you can find your logs in your saved games dcs log folder

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@maximovThank you. Sorry for the dumb question but is there an easy way to delete all the mods? I have installed them over the years and honestly not sure how to delete them all or where they would be at this point. Also, you say to rename the folder C:\Users\btsul\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta in ANY NAME. what exactly do you mean by this? Thanks. I dont mess with the sim much and I am just trying to avoid having to reinstall it all. 

41 minutes ago, Longhorn75 said:

is there an easy way to delete all the mods? I have installed them over the years and honestly not sure how to delete them all or where they would be at this point.

Ideally, you would use a Mod Manager to manage your mods, but in its absence you can simply delete the folder C:\Users\btsul\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods 

and run a DCS repair.

41 minutes ago, Longhorn75 said:

Also, you say to rename the folder C:\Users\btsul\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta in ANY NAME. what exactly do you mean by this? 

No need for that, just delete the Mods folder that I mentioned above… if you rename the dcs.openbeta folder you will reset all the sim configuration (the login credentials, graphics config, keybind controls, logbook, campaign status, etc) .. No need for that if your issue is just the user Mods that you have installed over time.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, maximov said:

Please delete all unofficial mods, rename the folder C:\Users\btsul\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta in any name, and then run the DCS repair.

new to dcs and not a pc wiz. where is the repair located? i dont see it, 

any help for me mine was a fresh download new \\\\\downloaded the beta for the map update and the apache

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Ideally, you would use a Mod Manager to manage your mods, but in its absence you can simply delete the folder C:\Users\btsul\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods 

and run a DCS repair.

No need for that, just delete the Mods folder that I mentioned above… if you rename the dcs.openbeta folder you will reset all the sim configuration (the login credentials, graphics config, keybind controls, logbook, campaign status, etc) .. No need for that if your issue is just the user Mods that you have installed over time.

That worked. MP works again. Huge thanks. 

2 hours ago, Catfish_46 said:

any help for me mine was a fresh download new \\\\\downloaded the beta for the map update and the apache

@BIGNEWY asked you to provide your dcs.log to have more data on which to suggest possible causes, its hard to help when there is not enough data.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB