Knee board TSD points are missing UTM zone reference

SsgtHolland

Knee board TSD points that are provided in missions are missing UTM zone reference like 36 S /37 S.

This can be inconvenient for maps that span multiple UTM zones like Caucasus, Syria and Persian Gulf.

• Like 2

i7 930-6 GB-Win7 64-Vertex SSD-Spinpoint F3 raid 0-HD 5970-1920x1080-HOTAS WARTHOG

On 3/25/2022 at 7:35 PM, Alleluia said:

I have the grid reference.

Seems another bug

You get the full coordinate, including UTM zone reference on the knee board page in this format?

36SAB12349876

i7 930-6 GB-Win7 64-Vertex SSD-Spinpoint F3 raid 0-HD 5970-1920x1080-HOTAS WARTHOG

The kneeboard MGRS coords are in the format XX########. You aren't given the preceding XX# grid because with them being 1000km across it's "assumed" that you won't be crossing to a new grid. By leaving them off I think mission designers are just trying to simplify things for the pilot, but it does cause issue in some cases, especially on the Caucuses map that crosses grids somewhere around Senaki and Kutaisi. Not understanding the system caused me so many headaches when I was learning the A-10 many years ago.

In simple terms, it's not a bug. It's a choice made by the person who wrote the kneeboard page. Familiarity with a given region will help immensely in recognising when things look odd. Also, if you find that you are getting wildly different coordinates, such as CV######## and then KR######## then it's a heads-up that you need to look deeper. Fortunately all it normally takes is a quick look at the F10 map to know what's happened. Zoom out far enough and you can see the major grids with their identifiers, so you should be able to easily work out what you need to use.

• ED Team

I will mention it to the mission designer, but this is not a bug. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2