Tomcat Rolling

bonesvf103

IN the last few days, my Tomcat will suddenly have a tendency to roll to the right, even with hands off the stick.  I hit Right Ctrl Enter and the scale there shows the stick dead center but the Tomcat still rolls right.  If I let it roll, it will actually do a full barrel roll--that much roll!

Switching to the Hornet, nothing like that happens.  A friend of mine flew the Tomcat on his rig and he experienced the same thing, but the roll was to the left.  And his Hornet was fine.

We both checked our flaps etc and nothing was out of the ordinary.

Anyone else experiencing this?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Yes, this is a bug.  Have a report in here:

The fix action at this time is to engage/disengage autopilot.

• Like 1

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

On 3/26/2022 at 12:19 PM, Quid said:

Yes, this is a bug.  Have a report in here:

The fix action at this time is to engage/disengage autopilot.

As in flip the autopilot switch up then down, or hit the pinky switch then hit it again?

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Thanks, I tried that and it did at least make her more manageable.  I think for good measure I also hit the pinky switch a few times. 

v6,

boNes