Combo keys doesn't work in BS?

PythonOne

I'm using an X-52, and I can't seem to map out any combo keys. Using the SST program for the X-52, any keys that I map out that are combo (for example Ctrl-Y to toggle the info bar) it doesn't work in game. To test this i mapped out both ways on two separate keys, ctrl+y, and y+ctrl, both doesn't work. All my single keys stroke work but no combo. What am I doing wrong?

This brings up another problem, in the key commands list in the doc folder, it should most keys stroke goes first (i.e a,b,c), then ctrl, shift, alt...etc. In lock on its the exact opposite. But if you follow the key command list, for example it says info bar toggle is Y-Lctrl, it doesn't work if you press that on the keyboard. Rather its Lctrl-Y.

I'm using an X-52, and I can't seem to map out any combo keys. Using the SST program for the X-52, any keys that I map out that are combo (for example Ctrl-Y to toggle the info bar) it doesn't work in game. To test this i mapped out both ways on two separate keys, ctrl+y, and y+ctrl, both doesn't work. All my single keys stroke work but no combo. What am I doing wrong?

This brings up another problem, in the key commands list in the doc folder, it should most keys stroke goes first (i.e a,b,c), then ctrl, shift, alt...etc. In lock on its the exact opposite. But if you follow the key command list, for example it says info bar toggle is Y-Lctrl, it doesn't work if you press that on the keyboard. Rather its Lctrl-Y.

I made a post about this a bit back in this forum. Basically you need to do the exact opposite of what the config in the game shows and you need to do it like this also in your SST software. Also you need to HOLD the modifier key while pressing the letter key so if it is LALT-H , when you program it you hold left alt and then press H, then release both. When you are programing in the SST it is recording what you press, even though it doesn't appear to. If there are multiple modifiers you need to press and hold them in order for it to work so: LSHFT+LALT+H you would need to press and hold in the left shift, left alt then hit H then release the keys.

There is also bug in the older versions of the SST software that doesnt allow you to use the right shift key at all....they never released an official update for the SST software to address this but I figured out the SST software appears to be the same for all their controllers, the newer ones have a newer version of SST that fixed this problem.

I just downloaded the SST programing software for the P3200 which was a newer version than the "official" one for the X52/X52 Pro. Works great for the joysticks and the shift bug is gone. No problems and I didnt have to try to remap the boatload of default keys that used the right shift....

There is also an updated file "newinput.dll" for the Russian version that fixed issues that some people were having with programable sticks, not sure if the file is already patched in the english version or not.

Edited by Slayer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

It was posted before that the way the key-combinations are written down in the manual is not really intuitive. Y-LALT suggests that you press y then Left ALT, but it's the opposite way around!

I didn't encounter any problem with the X52. Infact it even got the delay for the launchbutton right, where my Cougar and my CH HOTAS failed without modified input-speeds or other work-arounds.

I strongly suggest, though, that you right-click and chose "NewMacro" to record the input. With the standard "new key combination" I had difficulties with other sims and games, too.

For some more complex functions I also recommend the Advanded button-programming. It allows keyrecords for press, hold and release-states of buttons, which is really handy for some purposes.

It also has the advantage that you can simulate delays by slowly pressing the keys or rappid successions by rapidly pushing the buttons while recording. :smilewink:

I still can't get the combo keys to work. Whatever I press, it just shows up as Ctrl and then Y, there's no plus like the old SST software.
The new software doesn't show these linked buttons any longer. Another reason why I recommend the stated way of programming, because then it exactly shows when a button is pressed and when it is released.

PS: Also be adviced that you have to press CTRL-Y twice to make the info-bar dissappear! Just tried with normal programming and it worked for me, too.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD