Night time flying . Is bad .

KoN

Wow it's bad flying at night . Lights in cockpit too bright . Can't see anything . Lights turned nearly off . With NVGs on . 

Red lights on .  Still anoying lights too bright . Can't see cross hairs  . Turned NVGs down really low . Now can't see out . Very bad . 

Petro won't lock any target with beams of light shining . Head lights or search lights . You can't actually see the targets only beams of light  . Tried locking but failed . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I don't think the Mi-24P was designed with any practical night operations in mind, its possible that maybe ferrying it around at night was thought about but as far as performing its operational role? Nuh-uh. So what you are experiencing is probably accurate to real life, enjoy the high fidelity of the sim! 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have gotten good at using illumination rockets.

If you turn down sight enough, it won’t be blurry. Don’t use red over head flood light, and turning off auto ranging to get rid of more lights can help. The day/night switch for indicator lights next to indicator light test switch helps

The illumination rockets need to be lit above 290m to work right. They release flare 7.7 seconds after launch after traveling 3.7-3.9 km. Below 300m, launch at 10-12 degrees. 300-500m, about 5 degrees. And above that, you can launch them level. They will light for the full 35 seconds they work if they light above 290m, and if you stay below 280 kmh you will stay outside of minimum ATGM range the entire time 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I'll leave the hind in the hanger for night time missions . 🤫

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

The Shaitan-Arba  got "Mi8 like NVGs" a while back.

"Mi8 like NVGs"  == it got a keybind and a keylog that activate exactly the Hip-googles (well, goggle), in insularity, that is it, that is the entire state.
The cockpit textures are not coded to interact with IR spectrum lighing state, because there is none.
The goggles (well, goggle) are a superold and outdatated overlay solution, and nothing more.
The cockpit itself is not IR-capable, which is correct and fidelic - but that still would result in a different view spectrum when looked at via passive IR/thermal goggles by the background light bulbs, the instrumentation lighting, and the nice (and slightly radioactive) phosporence layer on the gauges. Also if the cockpit-redlight is turned on.
As it is an extremely old and outdated overlay-solution for the googles (well, goggle), none of the modules way more contemporary keylogs can properly relate and interact with the player-cam state, even if there was a systemic possibility for those to interact in the first place.

Everything else is a workaround, or a fortunate coincidence, nothing more.

Edited by rogorogo