The DCS AH-64D Apache Online Experience

riboyster

Thanks for the awesome content! The frames are rock solid at 2 FPS with almost NO stuttering! Using an 8gb video card 32GB of RAM, 48GB SSD Pagefile, DCS is on an SSD and I have a 6 core i7. Any thoughts?

Anyone got any idea about what's going on? Or why DCS peaks at 60gb ram/page file online in the Apache?

image.png

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

You'll probably have to mess around with and lower your textures and graphics settings.  I load up the Apache ground attack mission, and at my current settings it uses 19.1 GB of Vram on my 3090.  It seems to climb slowly as I fly around.  I saw it as high as 22.2 GB.  I think it's filling your graphics card vram and having to go to your pagefile for more space and tanking performance.  I don't know if that's the cause of your problem or not.  It's just what I've noticed about this module.

Maybe a huge mission file or crowd server?

See my system in my signature. I see 25~40 FPS in multiplayer.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

6 core i7 and 8gb video card doesn't actually mean anything because without the model numbers that could cover a huge range of different hardware that performs at different levels. Don't pay any attention to how much vram is in use it means practically nothing of value since it is only how much is being allocated for use and not how much is in use and software will tend to claim an amount based on how much is available not how much it needs. 

Would be ideal to know your cpu frametime and gpu frametime so you can see which is causing the bottle neck.

The group I fly with has all said the apache performance is really good so in general I personally wouldn't expect it to be an apache specific problem. 

• Like 1

I just posted a CPG video in a new thread where I multicrewed with a buddy with another couple people in the server and I had 60fps. So it's not necessarily the module. Check if driver is updated? Do you have sufficient free space remaining on the SSD? Was there something running in the background? Are any other games exeperiencing bad fps right now? How about the other modules on DCS? 

Banner EDForum2020.jpg