Which Campaign for the F5 is the best...

Eisprinzessin

I've just played thru Black Sea Revolve last month. It's not one of those "story-packed" campaigns (e.g. any of Baltic Dragon's campaigns), but rather "action-packed", and the approach to combat is quite open, which gives you lots of options for what tactics to choose. For me this was actually really good - lots of replay values. You can be creative with the campaign missions too, like swap to another plane for replaying it. I don't think there'll be any specially trigger that'll prevent us from doing so.

Only downside is probably too little stuff outside of "combat" - formation flying for example.

• Like 3

In fact for me is the only one campaign that worth the efford.

I mean, the agressors campaigns are ok, but they are all the same: take off, do the same little navigation, listen the same mid-travel speech, 'the clock is running and we're keeping the scores', you die or you win, travel back and end. Next mission.

Edited by deeleyer
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 3:37 PM, deeleyer said:

In fact for me is the only one campaign that worth the efford.

I mean, the agressors campaigns are ok, but they are all the same: take off, do the same little navigation, listen the same mid-travel speech, 'the clock is running and we're keeping the scores', you die or you win, travel back and end. Next mission.

IMHO the two aggressors campaigns are not meant to be fun, but to be "useful", meaning they are meant to teach you the BFM and ACM basics with a non-high maneuverable plane.

Shoot down a Su-27 with the F-5E guns is a really hard task, while doing the same on an F-15 or F/A-18 is piece of cake (well, almost 😉).

I think the Tiger is probably  best plane to learn things like energy management in the whole game.

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 4:33 AM, R.Z. said:

I've just played thru Black Sea Revolve last month. It's not one of those "story-packed" campaigns (e.g. any of Baltic Dragon's campaigns), but rather "action-packed", and the approach to combat is quite open, which gives you lots of options for what tactics to choose. For me this was actually really good - lots of replay values. You can be creative with the campaign missions too, like swap to another plane for replaying it. I don't think there'll be any specially trigger that'll prevent us from doing so.

Only downside is probably too little stuff outside of "combat" - formation flying for example.

No offense that BSR has been one of the worse campaigns I’ve purchased.  The briefing screenshots etc just seems like no care was taken to build it out.  

(one mission some voice starts saying “shoot, shoot” etc way over done)

On 7/15/2022 at 11:40 AM, LordOrion said:

IMHO the two aggressors campaigns are not meant to be fun, but to be "useful", meaning they are meant to teach you the BFM and ACM basics with a non-high maneuverable plane.

Shoot down a Su-27 with the F-5E guns is a really hard task, while doing the same on an F-15 or F/A-18 is piece of cake (well, almost 😉).

I think the Tiger is probably  best plane to learn things like energy management in the whole game.

Kinda highlights how bad the F-5 gun is lol.  

23 minutes ago, USA_Recon said:

Kinda highlights how bad the F-5 gun is lol.  

The gun itself is not bad at all, however its use effectivenes is limited by the radar.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|