How to end a mission in a campaign.

CBStu

I am still in USNF97 campaign. Got 'Success' in the first mission. Good but I went to go to the next mission and ended up entering the first one again. Then I apparently closed it out wrong and lost my win and had to start over. So got a 'Success' again and am now trying to figure how to move on to the 2nd mission. If I hit the X in the top right of the screen, or the 'close' button lower left, I get this 

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nbGVXD][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51973335631_8eb4391193_z.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2nbGVXD]top right x[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152454123@N04/]craig stuard[/url], on Flickr

If I hit the 'End Mission' I get this

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nbGYTD][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51973345491_f1c5d0fc04_z.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2nbGYTD]end mission[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152454123@N04/]craig stuard[/url], on Flickr

That seems pretty scary so I hit no. But now I can't move on to the 2nd mission. I don't know if this is a problem w/ this older campaign, or w/ the more recent new campaign system from ED. What is my next step?

Hey @CBStu - the campaign stats are stored in your logbook.  The logbook is in your "Saved Games" folder structure underneath "MissionEditor" - logbook.lua.  Open it in a tool like Notepad++

Make a backup copy of this file before you do anything in case of corruption.

Open the file and you'll see a munch of stats and awards for your player (medals, squadron, callsign, etc.).  These are all very well labeled in the LUA.

Beneath this block of code, you'll see stats for every campaign you've played.  It could be a bit messy if you have a lot of active campaigns or completed campaigns.

Scroll through the block of campaign information until you see entries for the USNF97 Campaign.  I started the UN Campaign for the Huey to demonstrate.  Here's what my logbook looks like for that campaign.  I didn't fly it.  Just started, read the briefing and ended.

image.png

When you complete missions on a campaign, there are several additional elements that are written to the logbook.  Can you post a screen grab of what you're seeing in the logbook for this specific campaign?  I am not an expert, but had a very similar experience with a different campaign and had to go in and edit the logbook to point to the next mission.  I think I can assist if I see what's in your logbook.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Is this what you need? I did a copy/paste

["created"] = "Sat Mar 26 12:47:54 2022",
                    ["player"] = "New Pilot",
                    ["campaign"] = "C:/Users/craig/Saved Games/DCS/Missions/Campaigns/en/USNF97.cmp",
                    ["status"] = "Active",
                    ["history"] = 
                    {
                        [1] = 
                        {
                            ["datetime"] = "Thu Mar 31 10:22:28 2022",
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["aaKills"] = 2,
                            ["agKills"] = 0,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                            ["stage"] = 1,
                            ["mission"] = "Eviction Notice.miz",
                        }, -- end of [1]
                    }, -- end of ["history"]
                }, -- end of [19]
            }, -- end of ["games"]
            ["lastGame"] = 19,
            ["statistics"] = 

Okay .... this is what I would try.  I just did a mission on Paradise Lost that resulted in these entries in the logbook

[17] = 
                        {
                            ["datetime"] = "Fri Apr  1 08:57:37 2022",
                            ["aaKills"] = 0,
                            ["agKills"] = 11,
                            ["stage"] = 10,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["mission"] = "Paradise Lost - 08.miz",
                        }, -- end of [17]

[18] = 
                        {
                            ["stage"] = 11,
                            ["mission"] = "Paradise Lost - 09.miz",
                        }, -- end of [18]

I'd change your logbook to add the ["result"] line like this.

[1] = 
                        {
                            ["datetime"] = "Thu Mar 31 10:22:28 2022",
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["aaKills"] = 2,
                            ["agKills"] = 0,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                            ["stage"] = 1,

["result"] = 100,
                            ["mission"] = "Eviction Notice.miz",
                        }, -- end of [1]

I THINK that sets the mission to complete.

Then add the following entry right after the } with the comment "end of [1]" and before end of ["history"]

[2] = 
                        {
                            ["stage"] = 2,
                            ["mission"] = "NAME OF THE SECOND MISSION.miz",
                        }, -- end of [2]

Remember to backup your logbook before messing with the LUA.

Give that a whirl.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Mistermann I sure appreciate your helping me but this is over my head. I read through your suggestion Fri afternoon and realized I wasn't following it. We were gone over the weekend so I just read though again 4-5 times and I still don't follow. Thank you anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see your images anymore, so I'm not sure what you're seeing. You should just be able to hit the 'Accept" button to continue.

But, if you want to skip a mission, one shouldn't need to edit the logbook anymore, you can just skip missions in the campaign menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Something is wrong with the copy of the campaign on your system. It's acting like there's only a single mission in the campaign.

There should be another mission on the list below the first one with a status of "Active" and a "Skip" button instead of "Play Again."

Edited by Bunny Clark

Thanks Bunny. I bet that is the problem. Sometimes I have trouble going from the download, to the unzipping, to placing the campaign where it should go. I bet I screwed this up so will look at it again.

Bunny you were correct. I should have taken a screen shot but forgot to. Looking in file explorer in the campaign folder I found the campaign listed but when I clicked it, it opened to three folders. I forget the first two but the third one was the campaign, but it had the Zip file icon next to it. When I clicked it, there were a bunch of miz files like I would expect. So basically I moved the miz files out of the Zip folder into the main folder and deleted the now empty Zip folder. I just got through flying the first mission and ,although my result wasn't perfect, I did have the option to skip to the next mission. Thank you so much for helping me out again.

• Like 1