Nativ FSR support in DCS

wormeaten

Nativ FSR support in DCS  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want native FSR/FSR 2.0 support to be implemented in DCS soon as possible?

• Yes
    • No

Can we expect ED to implement FSR directly in DCS to avoid using third-party mods for it?

Benefits are obvious and increasing performances, especially in VR are real. According to AMD implementation is just a simple few days of work so it should be doable in a week, not two weeks like everything else. It's working on AMD and Nvidia cards so there is a benefit for all users, 2D or VR equally not like DLSS which benefit only RTX users.

ED should prioritize this implementation because brings instant improvements in a short time and that's what we all want, users or devs.

Native Open XR support would be really good. My 2 cents.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I said "no" not because it wouldn't be cool -- it would -- but because I wouldn't want ED to stop development on something else just to implement FSR.  

FSR can be done after-the-fact, it could even be included in your GPU driver. AMD is making some moves in that direction already. 

It would be easy enough for Steam to implement it, heck the code is already written and available for download.

What would be the advantage to native implementation?  The primary benefit of which being, you can spare 2D overlays from the scaling algo.  Which DCS doesn't have.   Beyond that, one more knob to twiddle isn't going to reduce user error.   The list of do's and don'ts with which we confront new WMR users is already intimidating enough as it is. 

Steam might do well to ditch the whole "resolution" fiasco and consider implementing FSR right out the gate.   DCS?   At the risk of sounding like Larry David... eeeeeeehhhhhh

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

On 4/3/2022 at 6:03 AM, DeltaMike said:

FSR can be done after-the-fact, it could even be included in your GPU driver. AMD is making some moves in that direction already. 

OP is refering to FSR 2.0 wich cannot be applied after. It needs to be inside de code cause is a temporal AA upscaler.

• Like 1

Ryzen 3700x - 2080ti - 16GB 3200 - 500G SSD - OCULUS RIFT S

• 1 month later...

Gonna revive this thread from the brink of death - initial tests of FSR 2.0 look good. Hopefully with introduction of Vulcan the developers can slot her into the pipeline for improved image and performance. Cake and more Cake as far as I am concerned. Being platform agnostic and open source should make it a no brainier

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1