leap motion and openxr

Tony86

It works exactly the same as it does in SVR. No better and no worse, have a read through the leap motion sticky in the input/output forum, it's not for everyone but it's worth a try and it should only get better from here on 🙂

Note that it's not currently mapped on any modules apart from ones by DCS, the API is available to all of the developers but I don't think there's been a great uptake which is a real shame.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

2 hours ago, edmuss said:

It works exactly the same as it does in SVR. No better and no worse, have a read through the leap motion sticky in the input/output forum, it's not for everyone but it's worth a try and it should only get better from here on 🙂

Note that it's not currently mapped on any modules apart from ones by DCS, the API is available to all of the developers but I don't think there's been a great uptake which is a real shame.

ok thanks.

i will have a look at it 😉

14 hours ago, Tony86 said:

hello everyone,

i Wonder if leap motion is working with DCS via openxr?

and if some of you have feedback on leap motion with DCS i am interested in it.

but i Wonder if it worth to buy it.

thanks

Its pretty rubbish's if I'm honest, I got one a few months as it sounded ok from reports I read here, tried it in VR in DCS and the experience was quite bad, about the coolest thing was being able to give the finger with a Nomex glove, save your money until its developed more for DCS is that ever happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotdognz said:

Its pretty rubbish's if I'm honest, I got one a few months as it sounded ok from reports I read here, tried it in VR in DCS and the experience was quite bad, about the coolest thing was being able to give the finger with a Nomex glove, save your money until its developed more for DCS is that ever happens.

So hypothetically speaking. If I were in a F-14 and came by a black looking F5 with a red star on it

I proceeded to do some manurers which would leave me in a low energy state, upside down but yet somehow directly above him,

Would the guy see me giving him the finger or is this feature visible to the player only?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

ok i think i will wait a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nikoel said:

So hypothetically speaking. If I were in a F-14 and came by a black looking F5 with a red star on it

I proceeded to do some manurers which would leave me in a low energy state, upside down but yet somehow directly above him,

Would the guy see me giving him the finger or is this feature visible to the player only?

Player only id say.

• 2 weeks later...

d9d62e825c41a7d2393feff566f36f4be4a44cc07162a1411b5ccf5dd0ac6276b25b5ba552d9fdab

Leap motion OpenXr Toolkit skeleton hands and DCS leap motion gloves are misaligned

in Vr is much clearer than in the photos!

The fingers point are mis-aligned...

Right now OpenXr doesn't have a profile for DCS... But i'm wondering if it would be more precise...

Also openXr doesn't lose the right hand tracking...

the only pro for dcs is the gloves are much coller than openXr skeleton hands...

is the mis-alignement a bug? should devs give it a look? @NineLine

Edited by EAF51_Jimmi

AMD 5800 x3d Ekwb liquid cooled - 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C14D-32GTZ - rtx 3080 Asus Ekwb liquid cooled - Asus Dark Hero X570 - M2 Nvme 1tb 980 pro - M2 Nvme 1tb 970 evo - some other HD

Reverb G2 VR headset  + Leap motion hand controller 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended + Custom made Speed "bugfeedback" stiffening joystick with arduino and DCS Bios - Trhustmaster Wharthog throttle -MFG Crosswinf pedals -Simshaker controling a Jetseat and 2 bassshakers

Reading this news, I am hoping it will spark more interest from ED:

https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-quest-2-hand-tracking-2-0-upgrade/

edit: although I have noted that there isn't any dedicated thread on Quest use in the sim, and when I mentioned optimising it for DCS after the inital release I got bombed out.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2