Just because!

ddc196

There's a lot of objective, technical  and known reasons (also the nowadays 'lack of sense' ingame plane set) by 'them' and 'us' that make warbirds playable for only a very selected 'elite'. So my 'love-hate'-o-meter has been going forth and back for too long.... it depends on the released novelties... or not released ones. But anyways..... Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINING POST, just giving my humble, dilated in time and personal opinion just to the OP and clarify her/his wonderings and doubs. I attach a few pictures just to clarify I'm not a hater or someone trying to troll. Screen_220226_133520.png

Screen_220303_195459.png

Screen_211014_222608.png

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

5 hours ago, Reflected said:

Nice! Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney? Must be so much fun in VR, one day I'll have to invest into a headset.

You really should.

FYI, love your campaigns. Keep up the great work!

• Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

11 hours ago, ddc196 said:

Not enough people appreciate the Warbirds!

20220418162440_1.jpg

20220418161133_1.jpg

20220418162449_1.jpg

Nice screen shots. DCS WWII has its issues, but it is growing in the right direction. But in terms of the planes themselves, nothing compares IMO.

Why do you get that blacked out ring around the image, is that just how VR is?

8 hours ago, Reflected said:

Must be so much fun in VR, one day I'll have to invest into a headset.

It is a game changer.  At least it was for me, @Reflected.  The cramped feeling I get when in the Mustang cockpit in VR "feels" right.  Its almost as though I don't fit.  The immersion level, for me, just doesn't compare to 2D.  The graphics are not as crisp as 2D, but that's more a function of the headset technology.  I run a relatively old headset (Rift-S) and will upgrade when the higher end prices come down a bit.  Don't get me wrong, the VR graphics are convincing.  So much so that my body got motion sick for a bit the first few times I played in VR.  The sensation of movement is real for me.

2 hours ago, ddc196 said:

FYI, love your campaigns. Keep up the great work!

100% agree.  Reflected sets the campaign bar extremely high.  If you fly the Huey, I can't recommend Paradise Lost enough.  Let's just say this - I am getting into Warbirds and basing my entry on availability of Campaigns from Reflected.  ED should take note.  I am purchasing Normandy+Assets (bundle) + Mustang+Channel (bundle) just to experience these aircraft through the "eyes" of Reflected.  I will also be purchasing the Jug and Spit using the same process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

5 hours ago, Mistermann said:

If you fly the Huey, I can't recommend Paradise Lost enough.

I finished Paradise Lost about a month ago. It was a great campaign for sure! The Uh-1H is what I have more hours in than any other aircraft. The P-51 is a close second. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

• 11 months later...