Uncaging the Backup Attitude Indicator

SharpeXB

This won’t uncage by clicking on the knob. How is this supposed to be done? 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Aha it’s pull and turn, literally. Click with the left mouse button and scroll the wheel at the same time. A bit of a finger twister…

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

The action is a pretty close analog to how it works IRL: You lift it out of a detent (left click), and twist counter-clockwise (mouse wheel down) to move it out of the cage position and release. From then on you can also adjust the pitch reference by twisting in either direction (mouse wheel up or down).

It's the small attention to detail like this that I love about the module. They've really done a fantastic job.

• Like 2