Feedback Thread - Tomcat Patch 28th April 2022

IronMike

Hi.
From this patch, iceman preform level flight even though AP on and ATT hold when switching seat to RIO.
This behavior is very frustrating while climbing or descending with ATT hold.
Please revert to the previous version behavior.

I dont if its just me or what but its very unstable at low speeds no matter what i do, the Tomcat took a left turn somewhere in these patches & hasnt been the same since for me at all! But like i said thats just me & i appreciate the work going into this! Maybe im just used to flying it before & struggling with it now, idk but its very frustrating! I used to be able to put this thing dead center thru a goal post & now i can barely land it, it feels like a completely different plane!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, Shadok said:

I don't have a non ffb stick. Trying without ffb (and removing trim implementation, but maybe I don't have to do this for the test) the autopilot work well !

The issue stay the same for the autothrottle non disengaging.

Thanks

I try today with ffb not activated. And now the a/p light go on when I press the engage switch, but don't go off (and don't engage autopilot) when I press the auto reference button.

Edit: The autopilot work well with ffb not activated AND trim implemantation desactivated in the special options of the F14. I forgot to do the last thing in my today test. Sorry

Edited by Shadok

On 5/1/2022 at 12:08 AM, JupiterJoe said:

For me auto-throttle is now very tricky to engage without looking down.  It used to engage anywhere between idle and 66%.  Now it's got to be just above idle.

I found that since the patch that broke the AT disengage, that it just doesn't work well anymore.  It seems to lack very much resolution, and just slams back and forth between idle and full mil.  I've stopped using it again, even after this latest patch.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, Shadok said:

The issue stay the same for the autothrottle non disengaging.

Autothrottle work fine with FFB. Testing today without problem, I surely forgot to use the "trim implementation" in my first test.

thanks