Cannon Smoke - Effect to long

Timm

Hi Guys,

I just love this sim Thank alot to all concerned. Question : I notice that when firing the cannon the smoke effect seems to keep showing for a few seconds after you have fired. Is there a way in reducing this effect slightly. In other words once you release the trigger the smoke stops as well. The screen shot show me firing the awesome UPK-23 cannon. Timm

screenshot004pr6.jpg

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

I have to say, I feel the smoke duration seems pretty realistic in the way it kinda hangs around for a few moments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Remember that the barrel is 3cm in diameter and quite long, that thing holds a lot of smoke. From my being present at quite a few shooting range sessions of APCs (20mm cannon though) i cen tell you that they smoke long after the last shot has been fired.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I think what he means is the smoke effect continues to come out of the muzzle even after the gun has ceased firing. I would have to agree with the OP, the smoke effect needs to end more abruptly. I noticed this issue in Lock-On as well.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Hi Guys,

JG27_Arklight Your spot on. Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne