EDM Export issue: Model has bones so it must have manually set bounding box.

Hi All,

I installed the latest EDM tool (203477) for 3DSMax 2021. After a new plane and a single box was created, I assigned a new material (standard_legacy) for it and pushed a 'Make Cool' as well.

When I try to export it into EDM I always facing with the same error message:

"Error: Model has bones so it must have manually set bounding box."

Is someone already met with this issue?

Thanks.

Hi.

I just created a plane and single box, textured them and this was all.

Maybe missed something to add, but i had not in the past. Especially because i have not bones added, so not understand why told that "model has bones".

Edited by 59th_Krieger

• 1 month later...

I am new to 3DS Max 2020 (beginner level), and as my first project, I am simply trying to export a paid model without making any changes into .edm format. Unfortunately, I cannot get passed this error!

I have come across the Beginners Guide to DCS World Aircraft Mods which states: "...create a bounding box around the aircraft using a dummy object and use scaling to size it to fit the aircraft. Make sure the landing gear extend outside the bounding box and set a user defined property of: TYPE = “bounding_box”; You will not be able to export the aircraft with bones until this is done."

I have managed to create a box named Bounding Box with user defined property of 'TYPE = "bounding_box";' I tried both cases where entire plane is inside the box as well as when landing gear extends outside. The 'Make Cool' step is done as well. Still, this error persists when trying to export it! What am I missing? I'm sure this is due to user error, but need some expert advice to get me through.

Thanks.

Edited by sa63114200

My issue, turns out, goes beyond this model. I get this error even with the most basic object! When I create a simple box, assign texture/material, Make Cool and try to export it, I receive the same message. Obviously, there must be something either in the plugin (version 204048), or my 3ds Max 2020 setting - which is vanilla straight after a fresh install - but I cannot figure it out. I am stuck here until I can get passed it. Any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Il 8/6/2022 at 15:01, sa63114200 ha scritto:

My issue, turns out, goes beyond this model. I get this error even with the most basic object! When I create a simple box, assign texture/material, Make Cool and try to export it, I receive the same message. Obviously, there must be something either in the plugin (version 204048), or my 3ds Max 2020 setting - which is vanilla straight after a fresh install - but I cannot figure it out. I am stuck here until I can get passed it. Any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Latest plugins are experimental and not always the best to work with....
Sadly, the server now cleanup old plugins more frequently than in the past. I've upload plugin version 198146 to an external host, make a try: https://gofile.io/d/W0w9kB

Edited by Automan
broken link

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Automan, you are my hero! That was it! It worked like a charm. Thank you so much for taking time to read about my issue and comment. I don't know how to thank you enough.

Interestingly, I had tried both the first and last plugins on the site (both built in May 2022), but neither worked. Even though I was suspicious of the plugin as the culprit, I just couldn't see how there could be such a major issue with them and still be posted as the official releases.

Well, I frequently test new plugins but I always keep a stable set ready to revert back if necessary😅

• Thanks 1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

On 6/9/2022 at 1:35 AM, Automan said:

Well, I frequently test new plugins but I always keep a stable set ready to revert back if necessary😅

@Automan thank you so much 

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• 2 weeks later...