Does anyone know why?

GunnDawg

I had very strange problem with my Saitek rudder/cougar combo.

I had to reset every control and put in the axis by them self (do not choose them from the drop down, let the game decide by clear the input, edit input and move the axis you want to assign) for the game to recognise it correctly.

And a really stupid question. If you move the slider to the most right (the window slider in the configuration) you don't have anymore assignment hidden? (To the right of the mouse assignment that is?) (Talking about the program window, and not anything else).

EDIT: When clearing out i would remove the dual mouse buttons on SIM YOKE as you have them on the mose control. Not saying it would fix anything. Just to be on the safe side and do some normal errorchecking.

Edited by xell
Hopefully adding helpful stuff! ;)

I had very strange problem with my Saitek rudder/cougar combo.

I had to reset every control and put in the axis by them self (do not choose them from the drop down, let the game decide by clear the input, edit input and move the axis you want to assign) for the game to recognise it correctly.

And a really stupid question. If you move the slider to the most right (the window slider in the configuration) you don't have anymore assignment hidden? (To the right of the mouse assignment that is?) (Talking about the program window, and not anything else).

EDIT: When clearing out i would remove the dual mouse buttons on SIM YOKE as you have them on the mose control. Not saying it would fix anything. Just to be on the safe side and do some normal errorchecking.

No, there are no hidden assignments...

I have tried clearing all the axis assignments and re assigned them by moving them until the game picked them up and registered it...my throttle still moves when I move my collect input...makes no sense(if thats what you were suggesting I do)

Question, why is the rudder set to joy z left throttle?

A shot in the dark, remove rudder z and see if that clears the conflict.

Bullet

Sorry my bad I see joy z is rudder, must stop looking at forums when it is so late,lol

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Well it actually means the Z Axis on my peddals (they are in 2 diff collums) when I push my rudder peddals left and right it comes up as Joy Z....if I push my rudder peddals in (like a break peddal in a plane) that shows up as JOY X

EDIT: I even moved the collective to another one of those LEVERS that wasnt Z and it gave the same failed results.

Edited by GunnDawg

and your levers also come up as Joy z, hmm do not know. I have the x52 with peddles and I have had no issues. I wonder if you can you set it up correctly in the software of the controller?

I just see 2 joy z's and to my tired mind seem like a conflict. I am probably wrong about it, but that is how I see it.

However I need to sleep, good luck.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

AS I said in my edit. I removed Joy Z from the collective and put it onto the middle lever with is like JOY R or something like that, and it did the same thing....

Are you saying there is software that you can download that you can configure outside the game, and have the game recognize those controls ?

I do not know anything about CH products so i can not comment if it has programing software.

I have Saitek and it has a decent software for programming and to me it works as advertised.

Hey just out of curiosity, in the controller page, what are the throttles set too, in mine they are pg up and down under the keyboard commands and nothing in the controllers column.

I just verified my settings so I am curious.

Bullet

Make sure there are not any assignments to your joystick in the ins startup controls and levers section in options for throttles up and down. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that there might be something wrong in you ch control manager. good luck.

Make sure there are not any assignments to your joystick in the ins startup controls and levers section in options for throttles up and down. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that there might be something wrong in you ch control manager. good luck.

what exactly is "ins startup controls" so I can take a look.

OMG suddenly I loaded the game and went to the Axis controls again just to double check stuff...now it let me assign an axis to the throttle(before it wouldnt let me do that) so I assigned one lever to throttle and kept the collective the same, and now they both work!

EDIT: Refer to my settings screenshot and you will see it wasnt letting me assign an AXIS to throttle...suddenly, and randomly it let me assign an axis to throttle :)

Ok, any other axis that you can set it to, I mean not the throttle levers, only other thing to try. who knows the controller may default which means that throttle means throttle. This seems unlikely to me but I know nothing about ch sticks.

Bullet

Edit, cool good to have that fixed. have a good night and I am out for sleep.

Bullet

Ok, any other axis that you can set it to, I mean not the throttle levers, only other thing to try. who knows the controller may default which means that throttle means throttle. This seems unlikely to me but I know nothing about ch sticks.

Bullet

Edit, cool good to have that fixed. have a good night and I am out for sleep.

Bullet

Thx for hangin around while I get it fixed :)