Made the plunge, pulled the trigger, got the module. Hope its worth $65 paid for it.

DmitriKozlowsky

Set rudder pedal trim to "pedals without spring and ffb" (or something like that) from the drop down.

et voila

note: the "trimmed cue" in the show controls overlay (rctrl + enter) will still jump to the position when you trimmed, but it will not effect the yaw.

Edited by Kharrn
  • Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Pedals should not be trimmed in helicopters.

But they are in real life. Some helos don't, but others (like the AH-64) are held in place with magnetic springs coupled to the force trim system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

On 5/27/2022 at 9:17 AM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Twithi bitchi. Ain't she. Pedal work is weird. I feel I am chasing and SAS is trying to correct me. Here I was thinking that UH-60L and AH-64 share same powerplant, rotor, and tailrotor, thus handle about the same. Ain't so, just going by DCS.  But I have not dyn rolled it, nor have VRS'ed it. Nor have experienced LTE yet. But with empty helicopter with 60% fuel, I do get LOW ROTOR RPM warning with throttle set to max FLY. May be rotor overpitch. Don't know.

Well, the UH-60l is a user mod so I won't go by that. As for low roter warning, what are you loaded down with? Whats the weather temp, Where are you at? All these thing can cause that warning if you have too much weight. But I'm no pilot

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 7:51 PM, dburne said:

Not to be cynical here, but really did you not realize the utter need for rudder pedals with the Apache? Hopefully someday you will be able to add them to your hardware and start to enjoy learning this baby...

I flew Janes without pedals.  One can have audacity of hope, can't they?  The UH60 is hard, but not impossible without pedals.

• Like 1

The UH-60L has a mechanical (hydraulic?) linkage between the main rotor and tail rotor such that there is much less anti-torque input needed as the collective is adjusted.  And the flight model of the UH-60L is much "simplified", based on what the 3rd-party devs had to work with.

(The above statements may not be technically 100% accurate, and I'm sure someone will correct me, but the general idea is the 60 is a more forgiving helo to fly in general, and the flight model is more forgiving in its current form.)

Do you have the Huey, and if so how are you able to fly it?  I would equate the Apache closer to the Huey in the way the collective/pedals/cyclic are all related to one another at all times.

• Like 1

Trying to come up with an analogy for transitioning from fixed-wing to helos, and having not flown any fixed-wing modules in DCS, I came up with this:

A helo is sort of like a single-prop fixed-wing aircraft where the prop is mounted on your left wing.  Every adjustment you want to make of the throttle would require some adjustment of the rudder to get the thing to stay flying in a straight line.  That level of constant adjustment deserves a major portion of your focus as a pilot, and deserves a high-fidelity input device like a set of pedals, and not a twist stick or some momentary keyboard button presses.

21 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

The UH-60L has a mechanical (hydraulic?) linkage between the main rotor and tail rotor such that there is much less anti-torque input needed as the collective is adjusted.  And the flight model of the UH-60L is much "simplified", based on what the 3rd-party devs had to work with.

(The above statements may not be technically 100% accurate, and I'm sure someone will correct me, but the general idea is the 60 is a more forgiving helo to fly in general, and the flight model is more forgiving in its current form.)

Do you have the Huey, and if so how are you able to fly it?  I would equate the Apache closer to the Huey in the way the collective/pedals/cyclic are all related to one another at all times.

my mistake.  The Huey -- not the third party UH60.  The UH1 Huey seems to be able to fly fairly well without pedals.