anti aliasing

abram

I noticed there isn't any option for AA graphics...is there a hidden option to enable it? there are quite a few jaggies that could benefit from it. I know i can force it through the graphics drivers, but was wondering if there was an option built in

nope, you have to force it by the driver...

(and don't forget to deactivate it again when switching the software, like me... was wondering why my CoD5 is running at 15fps yesterday, then i realised i still play on 16xAA heh)

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

nope, you have to force it by the driver...

(and don't forget to deactivate it again when switching the software, like me... was wondering why my CoD5 is running at 15fps yesterday, then i realised i still play on 16xAA heh)

Use application profiles then.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Use application profiles then.

i would, but they don't work somehow. i created a profile for BS, and AA never worked in BS, no matter which setting i choose (in the application profile, in the global profile... no difference in-game). then i deleted the profile and forced AA in the global setting and *tataaa*, now it works.

don't ask me why, it's the first software i ever had with this problem... but nevermind, it's fancy shiny-shiny bling bling now :joystick:

i would, but they don't work somehow. i created a profile for BS, and AA never worked in BS, no matter which setting i choose (in the application profile, in the global profile... no difference in-game). then i deleted the profile and forced AA in the global setting and *tataaa*, now it works.

don't ask me why, it's the first software i ever had with this problem... but nevermind, it's fancy shiny-shiny bling bling now :joystick:

You need to set your profile (per item) to overide the software, as default it doesn't.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thx guys, but i DO know how to setup a profile for a specific software which will get auto-loaded by startup of the software, as well as how to apply the settings :)

believe me, it did NOT work - i HAD to delete the profile in the profiles list an set it global, then it works. like i said, i never had such an issue with any other program and i almost went crazy because with no AA it really does not look that well heh.

some other guy in the forums wrote about deleting the nvidia profile for blackshark, and it worked, so no more problems now... it's not tragic, because i play BS 99% of my computertime now anyways ;)

Just checking, but you had the profile set up for DCS.exe and not the launcher right?

thx guys, but i DO know how to setup a profile for a specific software which will get auto-loaded by startup of the software, as well as how to apply the settings :)

believe me, it did NOT work - i HAD to delete the profile in the profiles list an set it global, then it works. like i said, i never had such an issue with any other program and i almost went crazy because with no AA it really does not look that well heh.

some other guy in the forums wrote about deleting the nvidia profile for blackshark, and it worked, so no more problems now... it's not tragic, because i play BS 99% of my computertime now anyways ;)

Then your issue might be driver related. I'm using 180.48 on my GTX280 and I have no issues setting / forcing DCS.exe with AA.

Anyhow good to see you had it fixed ;)

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.