How to engage autopilot (or bug?)

Martin1454
Go to solution Solved by Frederf,

So after I changed to a Winwing F-16EX setup, I've had some issues with the Autopilot of the F-16 and want to confirm the correct usage. 

Normally I would just level out, set my "HDG" and then engage "Pitch ALT hold" mode and then "ROLL HDG SEL", and then the plane would be on autopilot. 

But now when I do that, nothing happens... I can see the switches flip in the cockpit to the correct position, but the plane does not respond to it. Is there anything else I should do to engage the autopilot? I would post a track, but even a 30sec track is larger than 5mb

• ED Team

Hi, 

can you include a track replay showing the issue, it seems fine for us. 

Are you maybe confusing setting course and heading on the HSI?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

can you include a track replay showing the issue, it seems fine for us. 

Are you maybe confusing setting course and heading on the HSI?

I would like to post the track, but even the 30sec track becomes larger than the 5Mb I can post 

image.png

Edited by Martin1454

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, Martin1454 said:

I would like to post the track, but even the 30sec track becomes larger than the 5Mb I can post 

image.png

Please try this attached mission it should be small enough 

single viper test.miz

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi please take a look at my track it seems to be working for me. 

viper heading and steering auto pilot.trk

11 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi please take a look at my track it seems to be working for me. 

viper heading and steering auto pilot.trk 124.9 kB · 0 downloads

I can see it work for you - But If I take over just after you are done pressing on the UFC, it still does not work for me. See the track - both switches will be enaged, but it does not affect the plane at all. 

Test2.trk

17 hours ago, Frederf said:

Your AP paddle is stuck on. I take over at :56 and depress/release the AP paddle and it resumes normal operation.

Aha! I can see that my Winwing Joystick sets button 7 when I press the paddle switch and holds button 8 when I releases it - And paddle switch was set to button 8 -.-