More accurate EP08 - Mod

MYSE1234

This is my mod that makes the EP08 (HUD and CI) more accurate.
As far as I know I've only changed the visuals, if you notice something wrong please tell me and I'll try to fix it.

If you have any other mods installed, install this one last to make sure it works correctly.
Does NOT pass texture, and script IC

Changes are:

• HUD
    • New more accurate font
    • Made numbers larger by 133%; They are now 0.5° tall
    • Change color of symbology - It's green
    • Centered heading tape numbers on the actual headings
    • Less glare/glow
    • Decreased opacity slightly
    • Made the 5° lines correct length around the center (too long out to the sides though...)
    • Shortened the horizon lines to correct length

• CI
    • Changed screen color - It's green
    • Changed color on the circle to a more green one
    • Made distance and angle lines black
    • Made the video marker (the cross) black
    • Changed color on the bottom for more accuracy
    • Reduced the glare/glow effect on the background
    • Can now get propper black returns
    • Added some burn-in effects on the sides

There are a few more things I'd like to do, but they do not seem to be possible without breaking 10 other things so I left those out.

Enjoy!
MYSE1234

Radar_O.jpg

Radar_M.jpg

HUD_O.jpg

HUD_M.jpg

More realistic EP08.zip

More realistic EP08 - VR v2.zip

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

We should have a pinned thread of "MYSE1234's Master Collection of Viggen Mods".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

The HUD looks great!  And I like the new vivid green color on the CI.  Everything seems a bit bolder.  The black range and azimuth lines and CI cursor all seem thicker now, is that intentional? 

One change seems like it might not have been intentional.  The horizon and altitude reference lines appear yellow now.  I'm playing in VR.

image.png

Edited by Machalot
  • Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

4 hours ago, Machalot said:

The HUD looks great!  And I like the new vivid green color on the CI.  Everything seems a bit bolder.  The black range and azimuth lines and CI cursor all seem thicker now, is that intentional? 

One change seems like it might not have been intentional.  The horizon and altitude reference lines appear yellow now.  I'm playing in VR.

Range and azimuth lines are very slightly thicker, but the cursor should be the same as before. The black color has a thickening effect on them.

As for the horizon and all that. I think someone's been fiddling with the (filter) knob again... 😉 
On a serious note, those are not changed at all IIRC, so should be the same as the usual ones. I see no yellowing on my end unless I change the filter position. I tried to correct the color change rate so the lines and display area change color at the same rate but was unable to do so. I blame it on it being the first time doing anything with shaders.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you talking about the night filter? I think it was completely off when I took the screenshot, but I'll check again. 

26 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Are you talking about the night filter? I think it was completely off when I took the screenshot, but I'll check again. 

Yep, the so called "night filter". Looks like that's what it is as I can get the same appearance on my screen by changing it.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, MYSE1234 said:

Yep, the so called "night filter". Looks like that's what it is as I can get the same appearance on my screen by changing it.

Ok.  I have that on an axis so it's possible I bumped it back on a bit after turning it off. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

Hi,

Is it possible to make it work in Saved games folder? For me this mod works only if copied to DCS main folder, which is sub optimal to copy it everytime DCS updates Viggen.

Unfortunately not from what I know. I'm not sure why it's not working in the Save games folder, but it is what it is I'm afraid..

I highly recommend using a mod loader to more easily enable mods. I'm using OvGME and makes it much faster and easier do install or uninstall mods

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Unfortunately not from what I know. I'm not sure why it's not working in the Save games folder, but it is what it is I'm afraid..

I highly recommend using a mod loader to more easily enable mods. I'm using OvGME and makes it much faster and easier do install or uninstall mods

I’m using it to (ovgme) manage mods in saved games, do I need to make another „profile” for DCS main folder? Or how it’s done?

9 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

I’m using it to (ovgme) manage mods in saved games, do I need to make another „profile” for DCS main folder? Or how it’s done?

Not sure how that should be setup tbh (I only have it setup for the install Dir. I guess just try, see what works?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 4:36 PM, MYSE1234 said:

Not sure how that should be setup tbh (I only have it setup for the install Dir. I guess just try, see what works?

Made a separate profile for core mods, works flawlessly.

I have a question, this mod contains HUD modifications, they are separate from realistic HUD mod of yours? 

Edited by PiotrMKG

2 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

Made a separate profile for core mods, works flawlessly.

I have a question, this mod contains HUD modifications, they are separate from realistic HUD mod of yours? 

Yes, they are indeed separate. The thought behind it is that some might not want to have the limitations that the other mod models. So basically just more options to the user, but the two works together with no modifications if wanted.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

@MYSE1234  Hello, just want to say ive downloaded this mod and the texture mod, and both are fantastic. Thank you. However i have noticed with the EP08 mod, while most of the symbiology is now deep black, the waypoint circle is still white and is nearly invisible. Could you possibly take a look at fixing that, this would make the mod just that much better.  

if there is something i can do on my end via LUA or such id love to know.

feel free to message me on discord if you want as i dont check the forums often

formaggio#6527

formaggio#6527

3 minutes ago, formaggio said:

@MYSE1234  Hello, just want to say ive downloaded this mod and the texture mod, and both are fantastic. Thank you. However i have noticed with the EP08 mod, while most of the symbiology is now deep black, the waypoint circle is still white and is nearly invisible. Could you possibly take a look at fixing that, this would make the mod just that much better.  

if there is something i can do on my end via LUA or such id love to know.

feel free to message me on discord if you want as i dont check the forums often

formaggio#6527

Apparently the real system was like that, according to videos shown to me by MYSE1234. The workaround I found accidentally is to put the night filter on a little bit until the circle turns yellow. 

2 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Apparently the real system was like that, according to videos shown to me by MYSE1234. The workaround I found accidentally is to put the night filter on a little bit until the circle turns yellow. 

i hate the night filter. if you looks at the two reference photos at the top, mine is even less visible then the mods image

Edited by formaggio

formaggio#6527

On 9/27/2022 at 7:39 PM, formaggio said:

i hate the night filter. if you looks at the two reference photos at the top, mine is even less visible then the mods image

Just turn it on very slightly until the circle turns a little more yellow than the background, you won't even notice any red shade.

Edited by Machalot

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2022 at 10:12 AM, MYSE1234 said:

This is my mod that makes the EP08 (HUD and CI) more accurate.
As far as I know I've only changed the visuals, if you notice something wrong please tell me and I'll try to fix it.

If you have any other mods installed, install this one last to make sure it works correctly.
Passes IC

Do you know if this mod passes IC with the new texture IC checks?

2 hours ago, Machalot said:

"It is possible yes. The order required is to first enable this cockpit mod, and then the EP08 one.
Be aware though that the EP08 will fail texture IC."

Although I still use it and tank the pain of having to restart (assuming the server not requiring pure texture). Hopefully with the new update later on it'll be integrated within vanilla release.

6 hours ago, Machalot said:

Oh, yeah it does not unfortunately. I've updated the OP accordingly. You need both texture and script IC to be turned off on the server for this one to work. 
Thanks!

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Oh, yeah it does not unfortunately. I've updated the OP accordingly. You need both texture and script IC to be turned off on the server for this one to work. 
Thanks!

do you have any idea if you will be able to get it passing IC again?

formaggio#6527

6 hours ago, formaggio said:

do you have any idea if you will be able to get it passing IC again?

I might have a way to make it clear texture IC, the script one will be impossible to have it pass however.

Edit: It did not work. Not fully anyway...

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]