Mission 3 help with Bullseye references?

Hi - bought this campaign and very impressed with the level of detail, it's going to take me a long time!

I don't mind the learning experience though as it's teaching me a lot. However I am a bit stuck in Mission 3, I am given references for the bogey by reference to the Bullseye. I have set up this as waypoint 59 but even then, given a reference like 200 miles from the Bullseye at a certain bearing, how do I work out which way to head? There must be an easier way than pausing the game and getting the calculator out to find the new lat and long for the target?

Can anyone point me to a useful guide or tutorial for this? As I say, I know how to set up a Bullseye waypoint for this with the correct lat and long, but is there a way of setting up a new waypoint offset from this with the given bearing and range? Thanks!

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

27 minutes ago, MichaelJWP15 said:

Hi - bought this campaign and very impressed with the level of detail, it's going to take me a long time!

I don't mind the learning experience though as it's teaching me a lot. However I am a bit stuck in Mission 3, I am given references for the bogey by reference to the Bullseye. I have set up this as waypoint 59 but even then, given a reference like 200 miles from the Bullseye at a certain bearing, how do I work out which way to head? There must be an easier way than pausing the game and getting the calculator out to find the new lat and long for the target?

Can anyone point me to a useful guide or tutorial for this? As I say, I know how to set up a Bullseye waypoint for this with the correct lat and long, but is there a way of setting up a new waypoint offset from this with the given bearing and range? Thanks!

Hi thanks for the purchase!  I'm not sure if you can create an offset from bulls, but the SA page will reference the bulls bearing/position as you slew the tdc, which is what I've always used to figure out where to go.

13 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Hi thanks for the purchase!  I'm not sure if you can create an offset from bulls, but the SA page will reference the bulls bearing/position as you slew the tdc, which is what I've always used to figure out where to go.

You can create an offset aimpoint from the B/E in the HSI since the B/E is a waypoint, BUT it is a maximum of 66 nm equivalent offset allowed, so it won't work in this case.  So the OP needs to do as you suggested and use the SA B/E bearing/position to figure out where to go.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue just playing through this now.

What I do is create a waypoint at startup as the Bullseye, then when you get the range/bearing, plot a course line through the waypoint and simply fly out along it to the given distance.

It's an inelegant solution, but it works.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

1 minute ago, LooseSeal said:

What I do is create a waypoint at startup as the Bullseye, then when you get the range/bearing, plot a course line through the waypoint and simply fly out along it to the given distance.

That's a good thought.  One tip (assuming you're running OB) is that the Bullseye co-ordinates are automatically inserted as WP59 now so you could use it.  You still have to assign WP59 as the B/E if you want it officially as B/E, but the waypoint is created.

I thought you could do that! But I couldn't remember which number it was. Thanks!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• 5 weeks later...