Laser stopped working?

RichardG

EvilBivol,

I've finally got a good track file for you to look at. In this track file I actually manage to capture the problem happening while a missile is in flight. You'll see the missile, on the shkval screen, following the beam to the target when the problem occurs. The laser shuts off, ranging information disappears from the shkval and the missile just falls to the ground.

The track file is slightly too big for the forums here but you can download it at the link below.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2xc0x8

Here are the times to watch for:

15:40 - Vikhr fired while laser shuts off and missile falls to the ground.

15:43 - Re-arm at FARP

15:47 - I attempt to fire the new missiles at targets and am unable to get the "C" since the laser no longer works. I even try resetting and turning the laser off/on with no luck.

Hope this helps identify the issue.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We have the same problem in the multiplayer with long mission.

After about 1h flight Kaufi = 20 hits NorskCat = 21 hits laser stop Working.

No "C"

Here a mistake is given to our opinion.

Excuse my bad English.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excuse please my bad English. Write please slowly, so that I can understand you.;)

I7-X980Extreme*18GB*Zotac GTX680-4GB*27"+3 10"Touchscreen, TM Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found any conclusion if it helps to turn off the laser range finder to let it cool down? Or will it help to only have it on when you actually need it?

This has happened to me three times in the last two days.

And if we actually could get an official answer from ED it would be great...

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

ED has already confirmed that some bugs are present with the laser. See post 40 and up here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35496

As far the as swtich - it should not matter. In the 'up' position, it's not 'on', it's in stand-by mode. It's only fired when the systems needs it.

However, there is a bug, where the position of the switch becomes inverted. The game thinks it's OFF, when it's in STDBY and vice versa. In this case, you might be able to use the laser again by turning it OFF. This is a bug.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules