MS FFB does anyone have advice on settings?

DanKurt

I am having problems with trim on a MS ffb 2 stick. I have reversed the settings in FF tune but when I trim the stick kicks and although does not fully return to centre it does, however seem not to stay where it was trimmed.

If anyone has any advice on how best to get a satisfactory trim with this stick, I would appreciate it.

Oh by the way I am running Vista 32 so using the MS drivers wont work.

if you have any other type of joystick/steering wheel plugged in, it will conflict with the trimming in FFB mode. i use a msffb2 (usb) with ch propedals (gameport) and when i have ffb enabled i feel the effects fine but when using the trim, it just goes all over the place. it doesnt work at all how it is described in other forum posts here. turns out to be a conflict with the axis assignments, even though i went through the axis assignment page and cleared all assignments for the ch pedals except for rudder and wheel brake, i can control the helo fine, but trimming doesnt work at all. like you, i feel the tension "pop" away and as soon as i release the trim button but it acts like i did something completely different with the cyclic. so far the only work around is to disable FFB for the msffb2 axis. after i did that, trimming worked perfectly. unfortunately, after every time you trim, you have to re-center the jstick. this is the method used for non ffb jsticks to effectively use the trim function (since it cant cancel the stick force from the return to center spring).

%25 or %30 ff setting works also fine for me, as a higher level leads to violent kicks. Zeroing the ff in the control panel gave me a more comfortable gaming but I want to take the advantage of ff as long as the game supports it. So I increased the ff level to %25.

But it is obvious that the game needs a fixing in terms of trimming and ff for MS FF2 sticks...

Did you reboot after switching the FF axes? When i activated this, FF failed ingame alltogether but after rebooting it worked just fine. Also, do you have the stick drivers installed? I always had troubles with the control center and the drivers so i use the stock XP ones without the control center now.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Does MS FF reset trim work properly in missions you start in the air like Instant Action? You can check this by:

1. starting instant action

2. press Rctrl-Enteer

3. press reset trim

4. see if the reset trim really reset to the center of your joystick (where the two lines cross)

I noticed at least for my Logitech FF joystick, reset trim function does not work properly when FF enabled on any non-coldstart missions (such as Instant Action). Cold start missions are ok and reset trim works fine in those even when Force feedack is enabled.

To remedy the problem with missions that start in the air, I had to disable force feedback in Producer.cfg.

although does not fully return to centre it does, however seem not to stay where it was trimmed.

I use an MSFFB2 & it works fine - but I am using the software that came with it.

In the software I have tuned off the centering forces, and only left the FFB. If there are still centering forces then yes, the stick will still try to move back to the center after trimming - if they're turned off, there will be no forces after trimming and the stick will stay put.

<((((><

Just curious - Have you tried that starting mid air with zero forward speed ?

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Does MS FF reset trim work properly in missions you start in the air like Instant Action? You can check this by:

1. starting instant action

2. press Rctrl-Enteer

3. press reset trim

4. see if the reset trim really reset to the center of your joystick (where the two lines cross)

I noticed at least for my Logitech FF joystick, reset trim function does not work properly when FF enabled on any non-coldstart missions (such as Instant Action). Cold start missions are ok and reset trim works fine in those even when Force feedack is enabled.

To remedy the problem with missions that start in the air, I had to disable force feedback in Producer.cfg.

I have the same problem with non-coldstart missions. Resetting does not work, so disable ff for such missions, like instant action.

• 3 weeks later...

I was informed of this FFB in producer.cfg today. I was told to change it, it's default was on true! I find that unbelievable someone actually made that default to true! maybe .0009 percent of flight simmers use FFB. Why wasn't it on false by default? After I changed it, most of my Hovering problems and grief went completely away! All those flights were wasted with a bogus setting..

:cry:

Well, at least I got the good info and can move onto to tons of other issues..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR