Autopilot and autohover

elkabungo

I encountered a problem in multiplayer - yesterday played in enigma cold war and it seems that the autopilot and the autohover is not working. I brought the control indicator up, but it doesn't show anything like altitude , speed or autohover. In single play it works. What do I do wrong?

4 hours ago, elkabungo said:

... yesterday played in enigma cold war and it seems that the autopilot and the autohover is not working. I brought the control indicator up, but it doesn't show anything like altitude , speed or autohover. In single play it works. What do I do wrong?

Perhaps the Pilot cyclic auto-pilot "master" wasn't on (it's modelled as a toggle in DCS).

• Assuming a "normal" cold start with Fuel Control Lever at MAX, gyros ON, SAS Panel Master ON, Pitch/Bank/Yaw SAS channels ON, Mag brake ON, etc.

Check the pitch/bank/yaw control monitor "needles" show the SAS is working (needles moving/centered)

DCS_Gazelle_Autopilot_-_Altitude_Submode

Edited by Ramsay
Add picture
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

10 minutes ago, elkabungo said:

How do you know it is not 100 percent ? I use a lever in my vkb and it seem all the way in.

The only way is to set small deadzones at the extremities of the fuel lever's axis travel.

This is an example of how to setup an axis for the fuel lever with deadzones

DCS Gazelle Fuel Flow Lever Axis with deadzones, Screen_211129_014020.jpg

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

1 hour ago, razo+r said:

In multiplayer, the Gazelle is automatically multicrew by default, as it has a second slot available.

Unlike other modules, the presence of the multicrew slot does not preclude single player operation i.e. this is a multi-crew capable 4YA "slot" when flown solo.

Gazelle multicrew slot flown solo on 4YA Syria Server, 2_7_16_27869.jpg

As can be seen, the Gazelle autopilot hover allows hands free operation when flown solo.

5 hours ago, elkabungo said:

In single play it works. What do I do wrong?

Note that MP behaviour using DCS Stable may be different as IIRC, changes/improvements to multicrew in a previous patch had some unintended consequences. 

Edited by Ramsay