CBU-97s popping but not dropping munitions

EL CARIBE
Go to solution Solved by AlexCaboose,

I've noticed since one of the recent updates that when I drop the CBU-97s now, they just "pop" and no munitions are dropped, just nothing happens.  The 87s seem to be fine, but the 97s aren't working anymore.  I used to drop them all the time.  Are they bugged right now?

Thanks,

Edited by EL CARIBE

• EL CARIBE changed the title to CBU-97s popping but not dropping munitions
  • Solution

They work, but the default BA settings were changed with the new fuzing options. They default to 500ft, which is too low. Setting it to 1500ft (which was the old value) still works. I'm sure if you played around with it, you could figure out what the minimum BA is. 

Viper CBU-97 Fuzing.trk

• Like 1

The default had changed, the setting on the CBUs had not. You're getting duds because the jet thinks it's 500ft BA, while it is 1500ft in reality. Therefore, the solution is wrong, and you're probably releasing too low. 

Not sure what it defaults to in the real jet, but IRL such things are usually loaded from the DTC. 

In the F-16's case it's actually 500' BA which will cause the BLU-108s from deploying before hitting the ground if the SUU-66 was traveling steeply downward at burst. If you're very low altitude and level (e.g. 2000') then the BLU-108s won't crash into the ground.

You cannot change the bomb's BA from the cockpit. It seems like you can, but you only change what the jet thinks BA is. On the bomb it's still 1500'. What is happening when you pickle at 2000' is that bomb bursts right after release, before being able to build up speed. It'll be inaccurate but it'll function. At a higher release, the container probably gets too much speed due to bogus release parameters.