KA-50 AI ignoring orders in custom mission

Hi,

I created a custom mission to self-practice using datalink. In the mission editor, I placed 3 KA-50 AIs and loaded them with weapons. Started the mission, save datalink targets and sent the datalink to the AIs using the send all function. Using the options menu, ordered the AI, e.g. Wingman 1 attack datalink target but nothing happens. Then I tried with engage ground targets, nothing happens either although there were so many ground targets within 6km radius. Also in the Abris, I don't see the AIs showing up there. I've setup my datalink as commander and link #1.

Would anyone know whether I've setup the AI incorrectly in the mission editor since they were ignoring orders?

Thanks.

I find the AI wingmen rather stupid, so I'm not really surprised. I have never used the datalink function.
Also, if I instruct them to engage ground targets they tend to go after ground targets farther away and do something stupid.
What works best for me is to lock a target and then use "Engage my target". Most of the time then they use a Vikhr from a safe distance to kill the target. But quite often they try to engage the target with gun or rockets although they still have most of their Vikhr missiles. So they get far too close to the target area and there is usually something with at least a machine gun that will kill them.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Look for a PickinthatBanjo vid on data link. I recall he did a small bit later in his vid on data linking to the AI. That said, sounds like you're doing the right thing. I don't have much faith in the AI actually DOING the attacking from the right parameters, though they have improved since what they did maybe 2 years ago where they wouldn't use Vikhrs at all.

I think, and I'm not sure on this, that for the AI specifically you need to have them be in your flight. So don't just set up separate helicopters/groups, but place your helicopter set to player/client, then use the + button to add extra AI wingmen (set to some Average/Ace/etc skill level rather than player/client) to your icon/wing/group. In other words I think the AI needed you to be in the same group on the mission editor, rather than just on the same R-800 radio frequency. They should at least confirm receipt of the order - just might not execute it perfectly.

• Like 1

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw