Expanded Fox 3 AI callouts

Dragon1-1

Right now, AI calls "Fox 3" when launching an active radar missile, and that's it. However, IRL it's more complicated. First, you can call "Fox 3 close" (active off the rail), "Fox 3 medium" or "Fox 3 long" depending on range you're shooting at. Second, you report "pitbull" when your missile goes active normally, or "husky" ("cheapshot" if you're in USAF) if you didn't manage to support your missile long enough for MPRF to kick in, but it went active in HPRF mode (basically, longer range when looking up, worse look-down performance). Navy calls "cheapshot" if the missile is trashed (lost lock before HPRF), not sure what the USAF term is, but there must be one. It would be great if AI made those calls in DCS. It would really help SA when in a Fox 3 fight.

I don't know what's the Russian equivalent, but it would be strange if they didn't have similar callouts for the R-77. Knowing what's happening with your wingman's missiles is vital in a BVR fight, and since AI is getting more competent in such, it would be nice to improve that aspect, as well.

+1 though to be honest I can't think of an AI callout that couldn't do with an overhaul, apart from maybe ejecting and RTB.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

If you've listened to some of the recent Russian BVR engagements.... The brevity is... Not there, lol.

In USAF a missile not supported to at least husky is "trashed." Cheap shot and Husky are essentially the same thing, but one is internal comm, and one is external fight comm.

Fox-3 with amplifying information is for training purposes, i.e. shot validation in the world of larping. It allows the range officer or the red air to evaluate the shot taken in real time and determine their own dead/alive status based on their own maneuvers or lack thereof. Not sure it would be helpful in a combat video game. That being said..... Internal AI comm of "pitbull" or "husky" or "trashed" would be helpful for the human player to build SA on how many bandits he can expect to have died on the last leaf. Better AI comm..... "Bandit Maneuver, north arm lead group, beam north" (not going to happen).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/