Mission 4 Feedback (or Tips) - CAS kill under JTAC clearance (Spoilers)

Mission 4

On the return leg, committed the bonus CAS attack. One JDAM left, used TGP pod to get the tank's coordinates for TOO mode. Dropped the bomb above 20k ft, then egress south, but the bomb took a little bit long to hit the target. So when when player said something like "Devil 1-2, off target..."

Bravo 6 replied something like "No kill, circle around for another attack"

3 seconds later, BOOM! the JDAM hit the target right on.

Then Bravo 6 replied something like "Good kill, but next time get clearance before attack"

So, here's the 5 points I lost, only got 95 for the mission. Ahhhh, that was a 2 hour mission! 

Anyway, just a small tip that if you want get 100, maybe drop the bomb at 15k feet, otherwise the bomb just flew too long. 😂

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

7 hours ago, Jenson said:

Mission 4

On the return leg, committed the bonus CAS attack. One JDAM left, used TGP pod to get the tank's coordinates for TOO mode. Dropped the bomb above 20k ft, then egress south, but the bomb took a little bit long to hit the target. So when when player said something like "Devil 1-2, off target..."

Bravo 6 replied something like "No kill, circle around for another attack"

3 seconds later, BOOM! the JDAM hit the target right on.

Then Bravo 6 replied something like "Good kill, but next time get clearance before attack"

So, here's the 5 points I lost, only got 95 for the mission. Ahhhh, that was a 2 hour mission! 

Anyway, just a small tip that if you want get 100, maybe drop the bomb at 15k feet, otherwise the bomb just flew too long. 😂

I'll look at tweaking the timing, I thought I had allowed enough time for a longer drop but guess not in your case!

• 1 month later...