OpenXR - DCS Keeps crashing

zyxx

Hey, 

In general my system performs very well with the current setup, getting very smooth experience, not experiencing big frame drops etc, however under certain cirumstances the game just keeps crashing, for example when practicing SEAD missions in F16 with a complex mission file, or even when using "Instant Action" SAMs missions for F16 the game just keep crashing when I'm clicking in cockpit through MFDs (usually on HAD or WPN pages). I'll just take off (or start in air) setup weapons etc and while I'm doing it the screen just freezes and DCS crashes. 

Initially I thought that my small overclocks on CPU/GPU could be the reason, so I tried with everything turned on stock settings however it didn't help. Ocassionally those crashes happen outside of mentioned scenarios, but not always, most of the time I'm able to complete the entire mission. 

I'm flying in VR and using OpenXR. Not sure if it could be relevant but I am using XRNS. Logs are attached below, help would be greatly appreciated!

dcs.log-20220822-090053.zip

I don't know much about VR. My question may seem trivial, but since you're using OpenXR, is it normal that your DCS is started with "--force_steam_VR"?

What happens if you don't use this startup option?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Think it depends on if you use OpenXR composite or if you did the file swap and still initialize using SteamVR. 

I did manage to fix my issue, turned out it was caused by a faulty DCS-ExportScripts lua file for the F-16C. 

17 hours ago, zyxx said:

Think it depends on if you use OpenXR composite or if you did the file swap and still initialize using SteamVR. 

I did manage to fix my issue, turned out it was caused by a faulty DCS-ExportScripts lua file for the F-16C. 

Hi, I have the same problem. Can you assist me on fixing the issue?

Many thanks.