JDAM advice please

markturner1960

Me again.....sorry, but every weapon I try and learn on every jet, I get issues following guides and instrcutions...dunno why! 

In this case, I am following trickers JDAM ripple attack guide here: 

All goes well until the point at 3.19 where he sayas click J82 again. He gets TGTS in the ODU and can select each of the numbered targets he has just designated, however when I press J82, I just get the FUZE, SAFE, INST & D1 options in the ODU.....and cant make the TGTS appear.....

Why is this please? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

So you're slewing to the first target, TDC depress, press TOO (1 is displayed in the UFC ) press enter on UFC.T01 is now the first target.

Rinse and repeat, slew TDC depress, press TOO "2" is displayed..and so on until you've designated as many targets as you have JDAMS?

Press the J82 OSB, TGT should then allow you to select the previously defined TOO's Once all are selected you get the drop cue and the relevant HUD symbology?

And you're running the latest OB?

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Hi Zildac, yes, thats what I am doing......a buddy has suggested that if you use the ODU to first enter fuzing etc, then this may happen, but I have not had time to try this solution (IE, enter targets THEN fuzing options - I did it the other way around....) 

Will try first thing tomorrow, and report back. 

Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi Zildac, yes, thats what I am doing......a buddy has suggested that if you use the ODU to first enter fuzing etc, then this may happen, but I have not had time to try this solution (IE, enter targets THEN fuzing options - I did it the other way around....) 
Will try first thing tomorrow, and report back. 

Thanks!
Interesting. I've done the opposite when I was learning. Designate then TOO and forgot to unsafe the JDAMS. The procedure in the vid definetely works. You're using GBU38s right?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

< yes, just confirmed this......on close re watching, at 1.45, when he says make sure the fuze is instantaneous, he does not click the ODU, rather the manual fuzing panel. ( Ithought he used the ODU and did that, hence my issue) 

If thats how you do it, it all works fine.......

Maybe worth noting for people that if you use the ODU fuzing option, it wont let you select TGTS afterwards.......

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

if you use the ODU fuzing option, it wont let you select TGTS afterwards...

I don't see the behaviour you describe

1. Select FUZE
2. Set Fusing Type i.e. INST
3. Deselect FUSE to return to previous menu
4. Select TGTS
5. Select TGT Points cycling the TGTS option as req'ed
6. Cycle the TGTS option to the last ODU page
7. Select EXIT to return to previous menu

DCS AV-8B - Navigating the JDAM ODU Menu, 2_7_17_29493.jpg

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.7.17.29493

Edited by Ramsay
Large portion of text was missing when first uploaded.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

4 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

< yes, just confirmed this......on close re watching, at 1.45, when he says make sure the fuze is instantaneous, he does not click the ODU, rather the manual fuzing panel. ( Ithought he used the ODU and did that, hence my issue) 

If thats how you do it, it all works fine.......

Maybe worth noting for people that if you use the ODU fuzing option, it wont let you select TGTS afterwards.......

Many thanks!

Interesting. I never use the ODU for that purpose just the "steam" panel.

• 4 weeks later...

you can always unselet and reselect the weapon on the MFD or using the little red/grey buttons below the switches on the steam gage pannel bellow the MFD to bring up the TRGTS and fuzing options agian on the ODU.

just dont do this with MAV's before they switch to RDY as it will reset the weapon FLIR cooldown timer.