KC-135's refuelling lights too dim

• ED Team

Hi, 

improvement has been requested but I have no news to share currently 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

FYI, real pilots commonly say the thread title when refueling from the real thing. The response is typically "Sorry sir, the lights are full bright.", as told by a real KC boomer. Real pilots had also stated the director lights are usually not good for much. An on-screen display could be useful for learning, but IRL, you'd typically fly the sight picture of the tanker, only using the lights when the rest of the tanker is not visible.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Any news to share yet?

Wanting the same as the OP.

A display of the refueling lights to the side like the carrier has with the IFLOLS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is really needed, as it's almost impossible to see the lights in daytime with a normal FOV. Also, because of the extremely bright backlighting for the Fore / Aft column it's very hard to see at night as well.

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

another vote for this to be enhanced a bit.

I feel the left one UP and Down is OK but the right one Forward  and Backward is a real pain to see both during daylight and night AAR

The issue I feel is not really brightness but lack of contrast due to a white line of lights against the green reference light. That is what makes it very hard to see
IMHO just removing that white line would tremendously help

AAR_DCS_lights.png

In the above picture I know I'm great on up and down but I have no way to know where I am front/aft from the light only

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]