UH-1H Landing Light EXTEND - STOP - RETRIEVE

Griefhard
Go to solution Solved by DishDoggie,

Hi there,
on my collective I got a 3-way switch, that returns/defaults to the middle position. I believe this would be just the function of the original Landing Light Switch in the Huey.

Now I am looking for some help/code where I can bind the RETRIEVE and the EXTEND to a button press and an ELSE OFF logic. Something like that is done in the A10C with the Warthog throttle. It got a 3 way switch for the flaps having a button press up and down but none in the middle.

Anyone coder here that can tell me what code I must insert where to get this functionality?

Would greatly appreciate it!

Not really sure what do you want your controls to do?

If it's just extend-retract, just bind those at up/down on your switch and don't bind anything in the middle.

If you want to stop your light along the way (not sure why would you want that), bind stop to the middle and then just hold up/down as long as it is required to get the light where you want it

Edited by admiki
  • Like 1

Well. Tha ks for the answer. I figured out this much.

Let me explain. On my collective controller (Virpil's Ka50) there are a bunch of 3-way-switches, that default to the middle position. So you gotta hold up or down to keep the switch in place. Unfortunately the middle position got no button press, only up and down are actual button presses. So I was looking for a binding:

Retract <> else Stop

Extend <> else Stop

There are a bunch of these functions on other planes under the section Special Joystick or something like that.

• Solution
On 10/1/2022 at 7:07 PM, Griefhard said:

Well. Tha ks for the answer. I figured out this much.

Let me explain. On my collective controller (Virpil's Ka50) there are a bunch of 3-way-switches, that default to the middle position. So you gotta hold up or down to keep the switch in place. Unfortunately the middle position got no button press, only up and down are actual button presses. So I was looking for a binding:

Retract <> else Stop

Extend <> else Stop

There are a bunch of these functions on other planes under the section Special Joystick or something like that.

I thought you can program the middle position of any switch with the VPC software for Virpil that comes with the gear? I have never done it and I may be not understanding you so If I got it wrong Good Luck finding the correct Answer.

18 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

I thought you can program the middle position of any switch with the VPC software for Virpil that comes with the gear? I have never done it and I may be not understanding you so If I got it wrong Good Luck finding the correct Answer.

Well. Looks at least promising. Will investigate further. Thank you! 🙂

That did the trick!

(From VIRPIL Support)

For that do the following: Run VPC Configuration tool --> go to BUTTON tab --> drop down TOGGLES Decoding --> type in button 3 with mode  OFF and button 2 with mode OFF --> press SAVE VPC DEVICE.

image.png.966a3c153605a8019a6d6cc2ee82d989.png

Now a new virtual button is created. To check what's that button number just press the switch UP or DOWN and look what button gets deactivated in the Physical button state  box.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/4/2022 at 10:15 PM, Griefhard said:

That did the trick!

(From VIRPIL Support)

For that do the following: Run VPC Configuration tool --> go to BUTTON tab --> drop down TOGGLES Decoding --> type in button 3 with mode  OFF and button 2 with mode OFF --> press SAVE VPC DEVICE.

image.png.966a3c153605a8019a6d6cc2ee82d989.png

Now a new virtual button is created. To check what's that button number just press the switch UP or DOWN and look what button gets deactivated in the Physical button state  box.

i take it that only works with virpil hardware? i have a mixture of virpil, tm and homebrew button boxes and i want to do what youve done, ie on/off/on toggle switch to do all 3 functions 

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

• 7 months later...

I realize it's a bit late, but if you haven't yet -- look up https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector + https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds

There's a bunch of custom bindings of this kind and with a little know how you can add your own as well.

image.jpeg

Edited by Xupicor
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)