Any speculation about Pico 4

Jyge

But they are expensive and I am an older person the prescription will change over time, rather quickly.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

13 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

But they are expensive and I am an older person the prescription will change over time, rather quickly.

I payed around 55 USD incl shipping from honsvr.com

• Like 1

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier

On 2/22/2023 at 8:44 PM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

I have -7.5 both eyes and switched from Quest 2 to pico 4 and I had to buy again the prescription lenses. My advice is buy prescription inserts lenses and you will not regret it.
In my opinion all VR headsets combined with wearing glasses inside them is horrible experience. I almost returned my Pico 4 to Amazon having the old Quest 2 still with me and being able to keep it in case Pico4 was bad. IT WAS HORRIBLE!  And here is why: The glasses I wear and many others wear are square in shape and the lens does not fit over the headset lenses well. Basically the field of view is totally destroyed as everything around my glasses is not seen or not seen properly not only because of myopia but because there is no useful light path for anything around the glasses in the headset to reach the eyes. So everything that is around my glasses is gone. Also the glasses refraction plane is not aligned with the headsets lenses and screen as it is impossible to have the glasses placed inside perfectly even and symmetrically. And finally the cherry on top of this bad cake is that the glasses have a more or less IPD adjusted for your eyes... note on more or less... if you always felt you need to adjust to the new glasses for few days... this is one of the reasons besides the new changed dioptric numbers. So you have a natural IPD of your eyes in front of them you have a little different IPD of your glasses to which you are now adapted (and in these glasses don't stay aligned perfectly not even just on our noses without headset, inside headset is even worse) and in front o the glasses you have the lenses of Pico4 with the IPD adjusted either for your eyes or for your glasses or something in-between. The resulted light path is a total utter mess! 

So my whole hearted advice is buy lens inserts no mater you need to change them. You can even delay changing them if you happen to change glasses every year or so... 

I bought my inserts for Pico 4 from HONSVR. They were the cheapest (still are I think) and I received them extremely well made and packed. If the box was white and not grey I would have thought they are from Apple.

This is where you can order them and I can tell you for me it was godsent as I kept my Pico4 and sold the Quest 2. 

https://honsvr.com/product/pico-4-prescription-lenses/

there is a picture with mypico4  and quest 2 lens inserts. Totally worththe expenses. Quest 2 were 100€ (from vroptician.com) and Pico4 50€ (from honsvr.com)

IMG_20230227_120442.jpg

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Okay. Btw, this just arrived. Comfortable, lighter, can wear glasses with it. May not have all the FoV improvement though. 

4CBA474A-E1AA-4E11-8197-51E0ADADE590.jpeg

Also, where can I cover the proximity sensor? I paste some Blue Tag on the little sensor between the lenses but it does not work.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I ordered one myself from Aliexpress and it's on its way from China. 

For all the improvements I would go for the lens inserts 😄 

The sensor might work differently than the one in Quest 2 or at least is what I "felt" but not thoroughly tested. What I did observed is with Pico 4 all the problems from Quest 2 of losing track after headset turning itself off or resetting view are gone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

Finally...VRCover stuff for Pico4...

https://eu.vrcover.com/products/vr-cover-for-pico-4

If the next OB patch cannot fix my issues with OpenXR with Pico4, I would return to Quest2 and sell the Pico4 set.

Anyone able to run DCS/Pico with the Oculus runtime in the new MT-patch?

With the previous you got into Oculus runtime by starting the Virtual desktop streamer with dcs.exe as a param. Now the same forces you into OpenVR. The screen flicker like mad, I'm positioned several meters to high in the Vr world and need to recenter, the performance is slightly lower and when I exit DCS I'm left in this anoying Steam world which I then need to exit to get back to Windows. Everything worked so much nicer and with less hassel with OculusVR.

BTW: The performance gains on complex missions are great in MT. Just wish it had some --force_OculusVR switch...

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier

33 minutes ago, Hillman said:

Anyone able to run DCS/Pico with the Oculus runtime in the new MT-patch?

With the previous you got into Oculus runtime by starting the Virtual desktop streamer with dcs.exe as a param. Now the same forces you into OpenVR. The screen flicker like mad, I'm positioned several meters to high in the Vr world and need to recenter, the performance is slightly lower and when I exit DCS I'm left in this anoying Steam world which I then need to exit to get back to Windows. Everything worked so much nicer and with less hassel with OculusVR.

BTW: The performance gains on complex missions are great in MT. Just wish it had some --force_OculusVR switch...

It launches SteamVR for me. Half the time it CTD. I can run the non-MT version just fine, in fact I get very good performance on that at 45 fps capped and 180fps on pancake mode. I tried clean/repair and my OpenComposite is set to SteamVR. Looking for answers too

Edited by crispy12

No, MT version goes straight to OpenXR and crashes…

MT with OpenXR running fine here over SteamVR. Be aware that this is a transition phase, everything performance related will change completely. We now got Multi Threading, later we also get the switch from DirectX11 to Vulkan and DLSS too.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

OpenXR/SteamVR with MT works for me too (with or without force_OpenXR param). It's just that the Oculus runtime works so much better!

It's still supported in ST, why did they need to remove it from MT?

Edited by Hillman

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023. 03. 11. at 8:59, Hillman said:

Az OpenXR/SteamVR MT-vel nekem is működik (force_OpenXR parammal vagy anélkül). Csak az Oculus futtatókörnyezete sokkal jobban működik!

Még mindig támogatja az ST, miért kellett eltávolítani az MT-ből?

How to set up the Oculus runtime environment?

3 hours ago, beci43 said:

How to set up the Oculus runtime environment?

You don’t need to install anything. Just start DCS using the “Launch game…” feature in Virtual Desktop. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 часов назад, Qcumber сказал:

Wireless through Virtual Desktop gets the best results. 

Wireless connection via virtual desktop, what is the maximum speed of Wifi 6? (150 .... 600 Mb)

Edited by andreiru

20 minutes ago, andreiru said:

Wireless connection via virtual desktop, what is the maximum speed of Wifi 6? (150 .... 600 Mb)

VD recommend a dedicated router with ethernet connection to pc. My router is 5GHz, 1200 but I think the recommended minimum is 866 mbs. 

• Thanks 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

9 hours ago, Qcumber said:

VD recommend a dedicated router with ethernet connection to pc. My router is 5GHz, 1200 but I think the recommended minimum is 866 mbs. 

As with any network, it needs to be faster so that the speed you want can be achieved.