P47-D pre prepared cockpit settings

1 hour ago, Michael Taylor said:

Seems like a pretty basic sort of capability for a flight sim

It depends on exactly what you want to setup and save .. I have used other Sims and not one of them allowed me to setup every cockpit switch the way I wanted, can you name which other flight sim has this basic capability?

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You could, at least there is an option in the ME for that. You can make a mission, then click on Prepare Mission. It opens the mission, you can change the cockpit settings, then get out. It would/should save your cockpit state. However, this is an ancient option in the ME, and I don't believe it works as intended anymore.

But you can test it, and see if the cockpit switches are persistent in the manner you left them next time you open the mission.

Another way to do it, is to use triggers at mission start, and change cockpit settings using "X:Set Cockpit Argument number XXX" . It is more labor intensive, since you'll need to find which switch does what and what is the correct argument for the position you want, there are ways to find it, and some people have tables with all the arguments listed. It should work, but with ED's ME, sometimes it is hit and miss, and don't work as intended.

If you described what you want, I and others may help you, by trying it out in the ME.

Edited by SloppyDog

If, under Options=>Misc., you have "Synchronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS at mission start" checked, it will not matter how you set up the cockpit, this will override it and you would need to set your HOTAS controls to the settings you wished for the air start.