Color Banding night sky and sea

ipertux

12 hours ago, Furiz said:

I have some similar issues, reported way back and the issue is still there for me,

between my report and current date there has been more than few patches with no change.

Same thing, the screenshots you posted there are almost completely black on a calibrated monitor. If you blow up brightness so much that you start to see crass banding, that's likely not an issue of the game but of your game or monitor settings. There simply aren't enough gradations between "black" and "almost but not quite black" in an 8-bit render to support that sort of postprocessing.

12 hours ago, Laurreth said:

the screenshots you posted there are almost completely black on a calibrated monitor.

My monitor is calibrated, also if it was my monitor others could not se it since theirs is set up correctly right?

It works very good everywhere else but in DCS, and it seems I'm not the only one with the issue.

Brightness is at 55, Gamma 1, DCS gamma 1.8

19 hours ago, Furiz said:

My monitor is calibrated, also if it was my monitor others could not se it since theirs is set up correctly right?

It works very good everywhere else but in DCS, and it seems I'm not the only one with the issue.

Brightness is at 55, Gamma 1, DCS gamma 1.8

Hello

for me is really unplayable on night, i've tried differents DP and HDMI cables, HDR on and HDR off, all space colors in NVIDIA panel (RGB Ycbr 4:2:2 Ycbr 4:4:4) with both limited and full color dynamic range, i reverted back my monitors settings to factory differents time and used differents ICC profile, but this issues is still there.

I kow that my monitor is not the most expensive out of there and of course i have to expect some "banding" but this is really annoying.

@Furizi think we can only fly in daytime 🙂

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi! I have a philips 806 OLED and suffer terrible color banding at night missions. I tried different combinations with fakehdr and debanding with none to medium success, but the shader that completely removed banding is in "color grading from prod80". It's called "shadows_midtones_highligths" and tweak Dither strength. It's like magic.

Hope will help!

Here are my settings:

IMG_20231111_150624_213.jpg

• 1 month later...