Can Petrovich deploy flares?

Stratos

Is there any way to make Petrovich launch flares If he detects a incoming missile? Seeing how he has a complete panel I asume he launch CM If the need arise during real life combat missions, is possible to make him automatically deploy flares If there's a launch against our chopper?

• Like 4

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

If you think about it, it would add an extra level to using. The periscope. Becuase when Petro would use the periscope you would lose its ability to fire flares at missiles in its vision, and when Petro fires the ATGM your RWR would shut off. So it would be a double whammy 

There was also code a long time ago with Petro saying the approximate distance every kilometer or so. 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 10/23/2022 at 2:37 PM, AeriaGloria said:

If you think about it, it would add an extra level to using. The periscope. Becuase when Petro would use the periscope you would lose its ability to fire flares at missiles in its vision, and when Petro fires the ATGM your RWR would shut off. So it would be a double whammy 

There was also code a long time ago with Petro saying the approximate distance every kilometer or so. 

Yeah, I have no idea how they plan to implement it, but it would be really cool if Petro had "line of sight" in a cone that was fixed wherever his head was looking, and attacks from outside of that area would go unnoticed, but if he was looking ahead and a missile launch came from your 11 o'clock, he could call it, deploy flares and then you could (hopefully) respond accordingly. Maybe even give the door gunner the ability to make call outs too?

Then as you mentioned, if he's head down in the scope, his field of view is essentially gone, unless the unit you're attacking fires on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaronwhite said:

Yeah, I have no idea how they plan to implement it, but it would be really cool if Petro had "line of sight" in a cone that was fixed wherever his head was looking, and attacks from outside of that area would go unnoticed, but if he was looking ahead and a missile launch came from your 11 o'clock, he could call it, deploy flares and then you could (hopefully) respond accordingly. Maybe even give the door gunner the ability to make call outs too?

Then as you mentioned, if he's head down in the scope, his field of view is essentially gone, unless the unit you're attacking fires on you.

Funny you mention that. I was reading a section of the technical manual on electrical components and diagrams, and read the section ASO-2V lately to settle a different debate. 

The flight engineer apparently has their own flare button. Identical to the one the pilot has. I do not know it’s exact location, but it’s there. So I don’t know how easily someone in the door gunner spot could hit it. But I suppose that isn’t really an issue in DCS 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 12:12 PM, AeriaGloria said:

Funny you mention that. I was reading a section of the technical manual on electrical components and diagrams, and read the section ASO-2V lately to settle a different debate. 

The flight engineer apparently has their own flare button. Identical to the one the pilot has. I do not know it’s exact location, but it’s there. So I don’t know how easily someone in the door gunner spot could hit it. But I suppose that isn’t really an issue in DCS 

Glad to see the recent newsletter pretty much shows ED working to implement exactly what was hoped for with the CPG and callouts and everything. It's awesome!

• Like 1