Broken Mission - 8.2 for MiG-15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Su-17 may be aborting the mission because of battle damage.
In my case he gets killed quickly, before he clears my target from AAA, so I get killed quickly afterwards, too 😄

Tried twice, same story (debriefing screen for Su-17 attached). I don't know if it matters, but IIRC the Abrams he attacked (first entry in the debriefing) was located just behind the river and surely not within our assigned target box further away, next to Hill 39.

There have been numerous improvements to AI recently, maybe that includes ground units and they've got better? I don't know.

null

image.png

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

Hm... that may actually be the same thing. In your case he attacked (as I understand) the right target first, but only one of them, and then got "distracted" and flew to attack wrong targets elsewhere. In my case he started with attacking a wrong target - a random Abrams, before we got near Hill 39. Apparently there was a bunch of angry men with Stingers there, so they sent him one in the face.
Anyway, he seems to be attacking whoever he likes.... I mean whoever he DISlikes 🙂 instead of following his orders.

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

1 hour ago, scoobie said:

Hm... that may actually be the same thing. In your case he attacked (as I understand) the right target first, but only one of them, and then got "distracted" and flew to attack wrong targets elsewhere. In my case he started with attacking a wrong target - a random Abrams, before we got near Hill 39. Apparently there was a bunch of angry men with Stingers there, so they sent him one in the face.
Anyway, he seems to be attacking whoever he likes.... I mean whoever he DISlikes 🙂 instead of following his orders.

Yap, exactly. In all my cases he did one strafe, always one only, never more, never less, and than went to chase other things...

FYI, you may punch through this mission with "immortal" option turned on. That's ugly, sure, but at least it worked.

Spoiler

1. I destroyed all MLRS launchers as prescribed in the mission briefing.
2. I also destroyed... that most annoying AAA there, I think it was either M163 SPAAA or some other thing with a vulcan-type cannon on top, it spits a lot of fire.
3. I don't think it was neccessary for the mission to continue, but I also shacked a few other units there, trucks or something - just because I still had some ammo to spare.
4. Since at that point I couldn't get any more voiceovers from the mission, I was pretty suere the mission "got stuck". I turned towards Sukhumi to land (because it's nice to fly MiG-15) and - a surprise - close to Sukhumi I got a new voiceover with new tasking. Fulfilled it, RTB-ed, mission success.

As for what's going on, I might have noticed something new - I would... almost swear I've never heard this line outlined in red:

messages_history.png

It's there in "MESSAGES HISTORY", but I really can't recall hearing it or reading it on the screen (I have subtitles on), ever.
Anyway, this means that Su-17 is perhaps scripted to attack targets right next to the river, the only problem is... they kill him 😉
Another try, same result:

Su-17.png

My DCS is v2.8.0.33006

Edited by scoobie

Hey guys,   I really appreciate some of the research you're doing here.   
   Attached is a picture of the waypoint actions this aircraft SHOULD be doing.   He should be attacking the Vulcan first, then the Bradley.   ... instead though, as your history has pointed out, he's attanullcking Unit #004 ... which is 10 miles away from where he should be looking at!    The A.I. certainly has changed.   I'll see if I can't get this thing resolved soon

- Apache

image.jpeg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Alright, the mess has been "fixed".   Revision submitted, hoping it makes the next OB.
    Unfortunately the fix had to come via a 'fail safe' that I had to add.   Watching the A.I's Kh-25 missile, it would miss its targets, falling short of the enemy by 70 or so feet!   The F-86 version works as intended though, so no fix needed there.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Sorry guys, the update didn't make the Open Beta release today.  I figured that it wouldn't have made it since I submitted it yesterday, but I still held onto a little hope.  

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14 hours ago, Apache600 said:

Sorry guys, the update didn't make the Open Beta release today.  I figured that it wouldn't have made it since I submitted it yesterday, but I still held onto a little hope.  

One off topic if I may. Looking at the numbers, this campaign is by far the best selling one for multiple years in a row for the MiG-15. Since you are clearly the unchallenged champion in making campaigns for the MiG-15 (no sarcasm here) Are you thinking about making more by any chance? Like "Obristen strikes back" or "Return of the pilot" or something? I would really like that...

Edited by mastershotgun

Awesome! Thank you! No problem with the delay. I've progressed further in the campaign and thanks to this new "campaign GUI" you can refly any previous mission, so I'll do this once the mission makes it to an OB update 🙂

How do you, people, find sales figures?

While "Museum Relic" is hands down fantastic fun (IMO), it's also the ONLY campaign for MiG-15, so it's automatically the best selling campaign for it. Best, worst, average, median, all at once.

Although I fully agree - if Apache left his airliners alone for a few days, he might find time to make some new campaigns as cool as this one 🙂 Just a selfish point of view, no offence 🙂