Informations about airfields for devs

Fred901
Go to solution Solved by Fred901,

I have just downloaded the latest version of DCS. I noticed that you've added two aerodromes: High Halden and Dunkirk Mardyck.
I've also noticed that none of the aerodromes that have been on the map since the beginning have been corrected.
The question I have is whether you want to improve them based on the information provided by the community or leave them as they are? Because I'm not going to waste any more of my time providing you with information that you don't even know about!

Edited by Fred901
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

No return for Ugra Media! It just goes to show how much respect they have for people who do research to improve their map !

I'm done wasting my time !

I won't give any more information to Ugra Media..! The post is closed for me !

Edited by Fred901

On 3/1/2024 at 8:55 PM, Fred901 said:

No return for Ugra Media! It just goes to show how much respect they have for people who do research to improve their map !

I'm done wasting my time !

I won't give any more information to Ugra Media..! The post is closed for me !

That's a shame 😐 have you tried reaching out to them, or to other users? @DD_Fenrir was mentioned in their own updates, perhaps it would be worth it to get in touch with him and see what can be done?

• Like 1

Apparently, you're one of the only ones interested! As you write, "it's a shame"! But there's nothing else I can do! I've offered my services to historically improve the map's airfields... If the team needs it, they've got what it takes, otherwise they'll move on and ignore the post...  You mentioned DD Fenrir: maybe he's helping Ugra Media with a PM, I don't know...

As for me, I'm done!

• Like 2

Well done for putting these bits together Fred. Been interesting scanning through this when you’ve added to it. 

It is a shame your efforts to help seem to be going unnoticed or unappreciated by those that could make most use of it. Cheers for taking the time anyhow.

• Like 1

It is amazing that you, Fred, are able to get this info but the developers either are not interested or unaware of your efforts. Not interested seems more likely. A shame really because your info is so historically correct given the source you’ve uncovered. They could have made the Normandy map so much more perfect without any more effort on their part. 

• Like 1