Leap motion finger pointing not avbailable anymore with 2.8 World

TomcatFly

Hi,

with world 2.7, I could use leap motion pointing with fingers (and disabling the useless selection pointer lines).

With 2.8 I sadly see no more possibility to disable this with leap motion enabled (setting not existent anymore). This meas that it's not possible to click ot touch any selector or switch with index finger, but you need to point the green line starting from each vr glove onto the switch or selector, then try to click it "from far". In other words, this makes impossible to use leap motion again with DCS.

Anyone notice this?

Why this?

...and where I'm possibly wrong?

Thank you

Edited by TomcatFly
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Swson said:

Finally I've fixed the problem, once ultraleap is validated in the special zone go to the VR zone and activate use hand controller then select no pointers in the under scrolling menu and voila

I tried the same just afterr 2.8 update,.but as soon as back in the VR cockpit, flippung switches etc with fingers (or thumb) as before, does not make any switch or selector to move...as if it worked only with pointers...

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 7:12 PM, Swson said:

Finally I've fixed the problem, once ultraleap is validated in the special zone go to the VR zone and activate use hand controller then select no pointers in the under scrolling menu and voila

can you explain better what you are doing?

• Like 1

AMD 5800 x3d Ekwb liquid cooled - 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C14D-32GTZ - rtx 3080 Asus Ekwb liquid cooled - Asus Dark Hero X570 - M2 Nvme 1tb 980 pro - M2 Nvme 1tb 970 evo - some other HD

Reverb G2 VR headset  + Leap motion hand controller 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended + Custom made Speed "bugfeedback" stiffening joystick with arduino and DCS Bios - Trhustmaster Wharthog throttle -MFG Crosswinf pedals -Simshaker controling a Jetseat and 2 bassshakers

Am 29.11.2022 um 23:24 schrieb EAF51_Jimmi:

can you explain better what you are doing?

You can try to use the setting below. See Screenshot in the thread. It works for me.

In addition: You have to go to options special/ultraleap and VR tab manually after each DCS restart to reapply the behavior (it's a bug/workaround).

Edited by TKu
  • Like 1