Mi-24 Random Engine Fire - need help investigating

Cr33p3r
Go to solution Solved by AeriaGloria,

Just had this too for the very first time since flying the Hind. Happened after about 15 minutes on the Syrian weapon range IA mission. Have random failures off but birds at 100%. Might just have eaten one.

5 hours ago, Minhal said:

Just had this too for the very first time since flying the Hind. Happened after about 15 minutes on the Syrian weapon range IA mission. Have random failures off but birds at 100%. Might just have eaten one.

Yeah birds in DCS are small enough to fit through the engine dust protector😉😉😉You’re probably going to be fine when you turn birds off. I don’t think anyone that regularly flies low uses that setting 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

1 hour ago, randomTOTEN said:

POST THE TRACK PLEASE

The track is not usable sadly. Was sitting on the ground cold and dark for more than an hour going through my controls. That 15 minutes flight was just after that. I'll post one if it happens again.

34 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

Yeah birds in DCS are small enough to fit through the engine protector. You’re probably going to be fine when you turn birds off. I don’t think anyone that regularly flies low uses that setting 

People really should. I wish there were more general failures due to wrong handling in DCS. Like engine fire in the C-101EB when you do not obey engine limits. Birds bring at least some unpredicability.

Do birdstrikes appear in the debrief as an event? Would be helpful to analyse this issue.

22 minutes ago, randomTOTEN said:

two pages,

zero tracks.

Because it is random and it is problem to get usable track. I was lucky the day before yesterday, while testing weapons in simple mission I've encountered this bug and finally get usable track. 

The fire is caused by not resolvet warning about vibration and one of the engines (in my case right) significantly decreases RPM. After a wile affected engine catches fire.  

Bug has been already reported.

But if you wisht to investigate here one in simple empty mission where it occurs. 

Mi-24_eng_vibr.trk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Minhal said:

The track is not usable sadly. Was sitting on the ground cold and dark for more than an hour going through my controls. That 15 minutes flight was just after that. I'll post one if it happens again.

People really should. I wish there were more general failures due to wrong handling in DCS. Like engine fire in the C-101EB when you do not obey engine limits. Birds bring at least some unpredicability.

Do birdstrikes appear in the debrief as an event? Would be helpful to analyse this issue.

Just share a track please. It can be still usable

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DeMonteur said:

Just share a track please. It can be still usable

Just checked again, mixed up several tracks from earlier. Good you asked again! This one is equally long as the broken one but seems to play - at least for me. Fire starts around 0930 hours. Seems to be a gearbox fire that then spreads to the engine.

Been doing a lot of stuff while on the ground, checking controls and stuff while photoshopping MFD inlays 😛 Been fiddling with the SPPU. Not sure if i broke something along the way that maybe have caused the fire.

Hind fire.trk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...