CATM-9M missing functionality, PGM-65 and CATM-120B/C missing

bukizzzz

I spend nearly 90% of my time in the sim in training missions and in that specific scenario the F16 is very much unfinished, or dare I say practically not operational with incorrect Master SIM functionality and missing inert weapons. 

Nearly all of the training/SIM features are missing from our F16 currently. I'll try to collect all the info necessary for ED to make changes in this thread (please add any documentation you have in the thread)

CATM-9M
Current implementation: Even though the missile appears in SMS INV as TA9LM when entering A-A mode or DGFT mode no seeker diamond appears on the HUD, no growl can be heard and the DGFT mode defaults to the gun with no option to select the missile. 

Desired behavior: Same operation as the 9M up until pickle where the jet should treat the missile like it's in SIM mode (no launch). Seeker should remain active after pickle. 

image.png

CATM-120-B/C

Current Implementation: N\A

Desired behavior: It should fully simulate an AMRAAM with a rocket in it's ass. Provided on the HUD should be the M/F pole, DLZ, and all the other symbology that should appear in MSL/A-A mode, as well as proper after launch symbology. 

image.png

PGM-65

Current Implementation: N\A

Desired behavior: It should provide us with a view from the seeker on the WPN page, all up until launch when the seeker should unlock from the locked target but should keep providing the picture, as well as proper time to impact.

image.png

I will add documentation to support this in the coming days, and any contribution by other forum members is appreciated.

PS. Please don't tag this correct-as-is, because it's not. Thank you

Edited by bukizzzz
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to these weapons ED should also implement the basic functions of the AN/ASQ-T50 pod. It would allow us to do simulated weapon launches and give indications whether or not a simulated launch would have resulted in a kill. The implementation would be quite simple as you'd only have to take, for example, the existing AIM-120 in DCS and launch it while the 3D model stays on the rail and the missile impact does no damage to the target. It'd also be able to be displayed in TacView if doing it this way. I get that ED might think that this is a very low priority but individuals and communities who fly in a realistic way according to real world procedures would like to be able to train that way as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all,

we dont need any more documentation on this, it is just a low priority item on our list currently.

thanks

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...