Street lighting unrealistically bright & obscures targets

Dave62ndFF

The attached images were taken in the Persian Gulf theatre using current open beta (2.8.0.33006) & Litening pod on F/A-18C. In the FLIR view you can can see the street lighting casting bright patches on the ground which is obscuring potential targets. 

Although I have not used a Litening pod I have seen a lot of FLIR footage and believe this lighting effect to be unrealistic. The lamp housings on the street lights should be hot spots but there should not be big bright patches where the ground is being lit by the lights.

To support this I submit a link to some footage from my local police helicopter which shows both visible light & IR: PolAir Footage of Police Chase | Gold Coast Chase: PolAir has released footage of the high speed chase of a stolen car through Oxenford. QPS: A man has been charged after a stolen car... | By 7NEWS Brisbane | Facebook

As you can see, there are not bright patches on the ground from street lights in the IR portions of the footage. You can also see the hotspots on the lamp housings. 

Screen_221119_070300.jpg  

Screen_221119_070356.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...