[NO BUG] Gun not firing

Bananabrai

Hi,

I have a very weird issue and I still believe it is on my side, but I don't know how to solve it.

I have problems with a very... how to say it... anticlimactic gun.
Every time I have my pipper on a ground target or on a bandit, I squeeze the trigger, nothing...

Then, to check it's working, I turn cold, it's shooting, weird, ok, one more run... not firing... what the...

It feels like some kind of quantum particle gun: when I watch it and it needs to perform, it doesn't.
I have the gun on the second detend of my TM warthog grip, I use this grip with a 20cm extension on a Virpil CM3 base.
I also had the very same problem with the same grip and my old WarBRD base and 5cm extension. 

I have this problem just in the harrier. The 2nd detend is working fine for other modules like F-14 (Trigger), Viggen (TV fix), etc.
I think I checked it already and have this problem also if I use another button for the gun, but I check it again.

Is there anything known about this? 

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Two possibilities: First is that the engine RPM has to be higher than a certain percentage to provide enough bleed air to drive the gun, which is something like 80% at ground level, which increases with altitude. Second possibility is that your nozzles are not at full forward, pushing nozzles past 30 degrees cuts off weapons, possibly earlier for the cannon.

Summary: Don't cut throttle when diving to attack with the gun and don't use nozzles while intending to use weapons.

• Like 1

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [NO BUG] Gun not firing