Major update for Wolf Pack warbirds server!

GR00VYJERRY

Hey all. I have put out some big updates for our Wolf Pack warbirds server. I was just going to list the updates and call it good but there are a lot of things that I updated so I made a tutorial video (just under 4 minutes long). You can also read the mission briefing if you load into the server. I encourage you to check it out. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

GroovyJerry, why no F5? DCS zoom function is so bad it makes it very difficult for average pilots to identify aircraft. Before when you had F5 active, I truly enjoyed flying in Wolfpack. Now it is impossible for me to fly in there. I am a sitting duck. There were so many people in there flying and having a good time and then you eliminated F5. Now there are only a few pilots and most are transient. They don't stay long and only return on and off. F5 does not give any real advantage, it simply keeps friendly fire down and helps to IFF. Perhaps it is not completely realistic, but without a functioning external zoom, visual identification is very difficult. Put back the F5 function. It adds so much to the average pilots ability to enjoy the server without compromising realism. Think of it as having a set of binoculars in the cockpit, which is VERY realistic. I am sure many people feel this way. Sorry for the rant......

• Like 1

We have had some problems with individuals using it to track players down that would otherwise be unnoticed (!below or above clouds, low 6). People are using to spot aircraft rather than identify. Some players are literally flying around spamming the f5 button to find enemy. Gives an unfair advantage. 

I have had many complaints about having it on the server and many complaints about it missing from the server. Hard to make everyone happy here. Either way I go about it some people won’t fly. I’m not saying it is a 100 percent gone for ever. For now it is off though. 

Edited by GR00VYJERRY
  • Like 2

Nice work, I hopped on this late this evening and had no shortage of action even though the server was pretty light on players...a side effect of having kids and waiting for bed lol. I wasn't even aware that was enabled on the server before, I prefer it off especially when you have radar reports to get in the vicinity of the action anyway. Thanks for the updates!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

New version of my base capture map is up. New map is designed to allow for more use of the map. Updates include the following:

- New map layout.
- New ground target locations.
- New contested airfields.
- New starting fields.
- Different weather pattern.
- Different time of day (ends at sundown).
- Mission briefing and briefing map are updated.

This runs the exact same way as the version that is currently running. All the same menu options are available. F10 is premarked to show ground target locations just like previous versions. 

This is not replacing the original version. This is going to run back to back with my original version and cycle through on a loop.

image.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hi all. Normandy 2.0 just released. It is going to take me some time to get everything added to the new map. I am one man working on this and I don't like releasing new updates until everything is thoroughly tested and working correclty.

My plan going forward is to make sure everything I currently have for both versions is working correctly in the new version of Normandy. This way everyone can still fly the server as we all have known it. After I can confirm everything is working I will work on adding the additional content. I ask that everyone please be patient as it is a lot of work to get everything updated, tested, and running smoothly. Thank you and thanks for flying in the Wolf Pack Warbirds server. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GR00VYJERRY said:

Hi all. Normandy 2.0 just released. It is going to take me some time to get everything added to the new map. I am one man working on this and I don't like releasing new updates until everything is thoroughly tested and working correclty.

My plan going forward is to make sure everything I currently have for both versions is working correctly in the new version of Normandy. This way everyone can still fly the server as we all have known it. After I can confirm everything is working I will work on adding the additional content. I ask that everyone please be patient as it is a lot of work to get everything updated, tested, and running smoothly. Thank you and thanks for flying in the Wolf Pack Warbirds server. 

thank you for ongoing support of this server, it's one of my favorites!

WW2 DYNAMIC BASE CAPTURE UPDATES FOR VERSION 4.X.X AND 5.X.X:

Normandy 2 update added new shrubs, trees, buildings, railyards, etc. This caused some client aircraft to spawn in tree or shrubs and some ground targets like trains and vehicles to spawn in trees or buildings. These have been fixed and all objects and client aircraft have had their locations adjusted. Fixed a bug that was preventing AI from GOULET from taking off and running their patrols.

UPDATES FOR 4.X.X SPECIFICALLY: I have added a new client airfield to 4.X.X for the Germans, Avracnhes Le Val-Saint-Pere. This is a better location for this version of the map. It allows Germans better access to Brehal, Lessay, targets located further SW. Germans still have GOULET airfield and CARPIQUET.

A lot more will be coming to Dynamic Base Capture server in the future, including, filling out the rest of mainland France with more client airfields, capturable airfileds, and ground targets. England will eventually be filled out as well and German raids will fly across the channel to hit targets in England. 

This will all be updated in due time. Thanks for your patience as building this is a one man operation and it will take me some time build everything out. If you happen to find an aircraft not spawning correctly or something hidden inside a tree or building (because of the updated Normandy map) let me know so I can address it. Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 1:49 AM, gomwolf said:

Could you plz tell me the place in which this server? Me and my friends are living in asia and we have to use VPN to lower ping to play this game.

Its enough to know the state, but city will be great.

Central US is where the server is based out of

Alright, time for some updates:

• Server run time has been updated from 7 hours to 10 hours. Likely to updat this to 14-16 hours if things run smoothly. In testing phase.Z
  • I have added 3 additioanl ground targets per side (6 total) to the east side of the Normandy map. Now each coalition has 7 ground/sea targets to attack.
  • Added 4 more airbases, 2 per coalition. These have been added to open up play area on the east side of the map.
  • Overall the east side of the map is a bit bigger allowing for longer engagement times. 
  • Menus have been update to reflect addional ground targets and contested zone base status for the added targets and bases.
  • Briefing and briefing map updated to reflect changes.
  • F10 map marking system has been updated to reflect the additional ground targets added. You can use the menu options to see what ground targets are available and the F10 map will have all ground target locations automatically marked at server start so you can see the general area where the targets are located.
  • Radar menu command has been updated to allow for radar picture across the entire map.
  • I have updated AI patrol zones. These zones are much bigger and are sectioned off east and west. East side of the map has 2 AI aircraft per coalition patrolling large zones in random fashion and the same for the west side of the map (4 AI aircraft per coaltiion over the entirity of the Normandy side of the map) . Theses zones will sometimes place AI over contest airspace and sometimes over the backfield in more of a defensive position. This is completely random so you never really know when or if you will be in an area with AI. 

Still to come:

• Adjusting radio frequency for each aircraft. 
  • Adding German and Allied bomber raids to the east side of the map.
  • Adding Allied vehicle convys to Allied sides fo the map for German players to hunt down and destroy
  • Adding German trains to the German side of the map for Allied players to hunt down and destroy
  • Adding German raids over England.

Warbirds 4.X.XU.jpg

• Thanks 1

Happy to it. Might add some smoke in some cities to help with navigation and to give the East side fo the map a little more character and look. This would be similar to the smoke I have in St Lo or cherbourg for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey everyonr. The latest update to DCS really buggered up my server. The menus are not updating correctly and the objects are not monitoring correctly. I am not sure how to fix it at this time or if it is something on DCS side. I know it was working last Saturday and Monday. Then the patch happened on Tuesday and the server got jacked up. I will try and figure out how to fix it but am really hoping it was somethign with the update and it will be resolved in a future update. Until then just fly the server but know the menus are not correctly updating. 

15 hours ago, GR00VYJERRY said:

Hey everyonr. The latest update to DCS really buggered up my server. The menus are not updating correctly and the objects are not monitoring correctly. I am not sure how to fix it at this time or if it is something on DCS side. I know it was working last Saturday and Monday. Then the patch happened on Tuesday and the server got jacked up. I will try and figure out how to fix it but am really hoping it was somethign with the update and it will be resolved in a future update. Until then just fly the server but know the menus are not correctly updating. 

there's some issues with the dedicated server performance, just FYI:

I have fixed the issues with the menus not updating. All airfields and ground targets are now being monitored correctly again and mneus are updating automatically. All AI are running as they should as well. The onyl thing I still need to figure out is what happened to the enemy radar callouts and the fix for those.  Everything else is working as it should.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Enemy Radar is working correctly now. Also added a rainy version of the map. Now a rainy version and sunny version will play in a loop. I will eave the rainy version in depending on feedback. Just trying to mix it up a bit.

Edited by GR00VYJERRY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE:

Server is down right now. Sorry about that. We will have it up again shortly. However, I will be removing the rain version. Some dont like it, some do, some it makes the fps drop too much so I am just dropping that version. The original open sky with scattered clouds and the high altidue overcast will still be running. Thanks for the feedback. 

• 2 weeks later...

Our wolf pack base capture server will be down for a few days. We hope to have it up and running by Friday but it may be later. I will keep you posted. Thanks for you patience. As some of you know we do not use a hosting service for our servers. They are all hosted privately so when something effects the internet we have an interruption in service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the server, good work. Only thing I would like to see is taking off the Dots. Sometimes the best offense against fighting being out numbered by 109s is stalking and sneaking up on them when they are careless. Oh what sweet killing that is lol. 

Cheers   

• Like 1