Just ordered an Orion 2 Throttle....did I make a mistake?

StevethePirate

A couple days ago, I ordered the Orion 2 Throttle base with F-18 throttle grip combo, but I opted to go without the finger lift kit.  Looking at some details, I can't find any clear answer on whether or not there are any push through detents if you don't have the finger lift kit.  Does the non-finger lift Orion 2 have any physical indication when you're pushing through to afterburner or idle?  

I would prefer not to have the finger lifts, but with how much I've spent so far, I'd rather have the finger lifts if they're the only way to get detents for the afterburner settings.  Thanks!

this is the link to what I purchased: https://wwsimstore.com/view/goods-details.html?id=375

There are no detents without the lift kit.

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Ok, my misunderstanding.  I ordered the finger lift kit.  Cost me a little extra than buying the whole kit, but oh well.

Phantom, to your question, I saw them as just another thing that I didn't really need that cost extra.  I thought the non-finger lift kit still had detents built in like the Orion 1 did.  Lesson learned.  

Thanks for the quick replies!  Looks like it'll be more than a month until things get here.  I'll just sit back and wait.

You might be encouraged to know that the fingerlift kit is pretty non-intrusive. It is still a push-through detent. It's still extra cost, but I think it works quite well and I'm very happy with mine.

(Note: the fingerlift kit is a bit of a hassle to install/remove, so I'm aware that folks that fly helos and or space sims often don't like it. But for anything that uses an afterburner, I think they work great. No complaints.)

• Like 1

32GB (4x8) DDR4 2400 | Intel Core i-7 8700 4.6 GHz | MSI ATX Pro Z-370-A | GeForce 2070RTX Super Founder's Edition
WinWing Orion 2 Hotas w/ Hornet Throttle and Stick grips | HP Reverb G2 | BenQ 21" 60Hz | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
Hornet driver, Blue Angel enthusiast, Tomcat stan

6 hours ago, StevethePirate said:

Looks like it'll be more than a month until things get here.  I'll just sit back and wait.

I'm impressed with WinWing's speed on getting things out (not so much with Fedex 😡).  Had pre-order on the F-18 MIP, paid on Monday and it got shipped and was scheduled for delivery the next Monday to Canada.  Fedex of course got my hopes up and put it on a truck for delivery Friday then didn't show up as per usual for them.  Ended up diverting to one of their pickup locations for the Monday delivery as I'm in a small town and figured I had better odds of it getting delivered there rather than risking them running out of time and bumping me again.  When I got the payment request I was figuring it might be 2-3 weeks before I saw it.

• Like 1

Not to be "that guy," but I'm pretty proud of the DIY setup I made. I had a pretty low budget after I picked up the HOTAS, hence what I came up with. Maybe you'll get some ideas. Hope it's helpful.

Edited by Brother_Leb

32GB (4x8) DDR4 2400 | Intel Core i-7 8700 4.6 GHz | MSI ATX Pro Z-370-A | GeForce 2070RTX Super Founder's Edition
WinWing Orion 2 Hotas w/ Hornet Throttle and Stick grips | HP Reverb G2 | BenQ 21" 60Hz | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro

On 12/7/2022 at 5:44 PM, Brother_Leb said:

Not to be "that guy," but I'm pretty proud of the DIY setup I made. I had a pretty low budget after I picked up the HOTAS, hence what I came up with. Maybe you'll get some ideas. Hope it's helpful.

Thanks, that actually is very helpful!  I saw it the other day and will probably at least do the speaker stand.  I'm torn between mounting the stick to the desk or the chair.

@StevethePirateCool thing about the chair mount I used is that it's supposed to be a desk mount, so you could do really whatever with it, because they just ship you a bag of parts (with instructions of course).

Note about the speaker stand, depending on how thick your carpet is, it might feel like it wobbles slightly more than what is ideal. My bro bought one for his throttle and has high shag carpet and was worried it was not stable enough, but I think he got used to it within a week. It comes with carpet spikes, but they are too long for even most high shag IMO.

Happy building and post whatever you end up with. Would love to see. Cheers!

Edited by Brother_Leb