Pretty please with sprinkles... make addSubMenuForUnit, addCommandForUnit and removeItemForUnit !!!

TEMPEST.114

Having these at ALL, Coalition or Group is too broad. 

As these are the only way to have a player directly interact with the mission / AI / story, then these really must, from a Mission / Campaign Designer's point of view, need adding as soon as humanly possible.

So many interesting interactions are just impossible if a player Unit can't have their own menu commands to interact with the story/mission design.

Even an event like this where the initiator is the player Unit:

S_EVENT_RADIO_COMMAND

That was mentioned in this amazing post last year: 

We desperately need these... please.

missionCommands.addCommandForUnit()
missionCommands.addSubMenuForUnit()
missionCommands.removeItemForUnit()

Edited by Elphaba
  • Like 6

• TEMPEST.114 changed the title to Pretty please with sprinkles... make addSubMenuForUnit, addCommandForUnit and removeItemForUnit !!!

I don't understand how this isn't getting upvotes by every person viewing it. 

This is the only way we have to have interaction between the mission and the pilot in a multiplayer environment. This is CRITICAL to more dynamic and interesting missions. You literally can't get any dynamic interaction with AI/Story/Other players not on chat WITHOUT this functionality. 

We NEED to beg ED listen. This HAS to be a priority for every MP mission designer. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 1:19 PM, Elphaba said:

Where is the upvote button ?

and

+1 for this , people been asking for this for years now

• Thanks 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

1 hour ago, HC_Official said:

the heart button is for the user not the thread sadly

Not really, heart button is for the POST, not the thread or user, so it can be seen as kind of applicable.

I wonder if there is a discord for those of us who do Lua for DCS enhancements? Might be an idea if not... we could help each other, but also come up with a wishlist for desired features in scripting engine and keep it updated as we go.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 1 year later...

well I have to say it does take a bit of learning to get used to using it, I do wish it had a lower barrier to entry

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Posted (edited)
On 12/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, TEMPEST.114 said:

This is the only way we have to have interaction between the mission and the pilot in a multiplayer environment. This is CRITICAL to more dynamic and interesting missions. You literally can't get any dynamic interaction with AI/Story/Other players not on chat WITHOUT this functionality. 

We NEED to beg ED listen. This HAS to be a priority for every MP mission designer. 

We are to used to not getting things like this until years and years are past, if at all.

Posted a bug about the native airbase capture in multiplayer and took years for them to fix it. And they only fixed it after i informed a different script maker that there was a bug effecting his script.. .and magically the fix was introduced the next patch. Seam to be a priority if the right people complain. At least that is what it seam like in that case.

At least it got fixed and that is good 🙂

I just let others report bugs now.... i can't be bothered anymore.

Edited by Kanelbolle
  • Like 2